Alkin W 31 Price hit the roof

I’m in contact with both Alkin and Airetex
Both have presented quotes
The Airetex appears to be a knock off of my Bauer - AireTex Mini Magnum. 3.7 actual CFM auto drain model regular price $3995 plus shipping on sale for $3795. Plus shipping.

The Alkin W31 is about $900 plus more up front. Unfortunately, the Alkin vertical semi auto 220v is out of stock right now. They only have the horizontal version in semi auto. Looking at a 6–8 week lead time on the vertical semi auto 220v; if you only wanted that you can place the order and hold one of the units incoming in 6-8 weeks. There are customers that have compressors reserved by buying direct or through our distributors. Our distributors don't stock these, they ship them directly to their customers. Alkin Shipping cost is going to be $350.00 to a residential address w/liftgate delivery. Alkin all in Total with credit card fees and shipping: $4635.00

Of course Both are solid compressors!
In the end I went with the Alkin w31 full auto upright unit because Alkin was much more responsive to my emails and they had an excellent support profile and strong internet presence - including lots of educational resources on YouTube etc… I could tell that long term support was going to be better. This compressor will easily outlast me and one day be donated to a airgun club.

Reactions: Ezana4CE