Alkin or Cheaper compressor

You could buy a Coltri (if you haven’t paid for the Alkin yet) and fill two bottles at once LOL

Ahem....You can fill two bottles at once with an Alkin, just sayin'. All it takes is this:

1675134834165.png

Unless they've had a price increase, the manual fill W31 is $3500. Great compressor and it's all a single user will ever need. The auto purge and auto shutdown features are nice but with the speed of the fill there is no need for these features unless you run a commercial fill service. A top off of a 97cf tank does not require any interim purges and the pop off valve will suffice if you step away from your compressor and let it run past the point at which your tank is filled. I keep seeing $4,000 and up when the W31 is not that expensive. Also, I've been in this hobby for 20 years and even 20 years ago the Airtex compressor that was the predessor to the W31 cost $3,500 back then.

Reactions: Str8tshooter
Check the dive forums. There really only is one compressor for us, that will work. The Alkin. On our forum, people get on with the best compressor. Then it has issues. That is what this forum is all about, broken compressors. Do not see that with the Alkin. Yes, it is the price of two good Airguns. Worth every penny.

Reactions: Zonk
Check the dive forums. There really only is one compressor for us, that will work. The Alkin. On our forum, people get on with the best compressor. Then it has issues. That is what this forum is all about, broken compressors. Do not see that with the Alkin. Yes, it is the price of two good Airguns. Worth every penny.
@archerhmr I guess Bauer compressors are a thing of the past.…..

Unless they've had a price increase, the manual fill W31 is $3500. Great compressor and it's all a single user will ever need. The auto purge and auto shutdown features are nice but with the speed of the fill there is no need for these features unless you run a commercial fill service. A top off of a 97cf tank does not require any interim purges and the pop off valve will suffice if you step away from your compressor and let it run past the point at which your tank is filled. I keep seeing $4,000 and up when the W31 is not that expensive. Also, I've been in this hobby for 20 years and even 20 years ago the Airtex compressor that was the predessor to the W31 cost $3,500 back then.
Steve, they have indeed jumped in price. They are auto-stop regardless of whether you want it or not. Auto-purge is still optional.
38C4A179-FF7D-4284-8D66-FA706487932C.png

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: tibor
Wow, stiff increase since buying mine (manual version) less than a year ago.

Not sure why Alkin felt the need to eliminate the manual option. Imagine airgunners are a small portion of their overall sales, but they've carved out a nice niche here... price is the clear barrier to most, & canning the manual option just puts it further out of reach to those on the fence.

Poor timing too, coinciding with an overall price increase.

Reactions: Hy-Score
@str8shooter That’s one helluva sale!! It’s long running, inflation proof, and all. As a consumer, how can you lose? I think that sale has been running for about a year. AND you get to choose between gas or two different voltage setups?! Oh boy!!

Clicking on that link brings up a web threat warning for me. Anyone else?

Nothing against you, Str8shooter. Maybe just my AVG...