Alkin or Cheaper compressor

I'm in need of a compressor since I can't get my tanks filled to 4500 PSI no where in the St. Louis metro area. So I've been going around and a round trying to figure out which compressor to buy. I don't get to shoot a whole lot but when I was to I don't want to held up for lack of air. So I'm torn between getting a Omega Turbo or biting the bullet and grabbing an Alkin. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

A new Alkin will never get cheaper. They do pop up used.

How many guns are you feeding? What guns? Do you shoot at home or have to go to a range?

$4000+ is a big chunk. How many times are you going to fill your tank a month? Year? What size tank?

I’m not trying to talk you out of it, I do like to buy the best when I can. There are other options, none as easy as an Alkin. Easy does cost though.

Are you a tinkerer? Can you maintain a lesser compressor? Do you have the desire?

A new Alkin will never get cheaper. They do pop up used.

How many guns are you feeding? What guns? Do you shoot at home or have to go to a range?

$4000+ is a big chunk. How many times are you going to fill your tank a month? Year? What size tank?

I’m not trying to talk you out of it, I do like to buy the best when I can. There are other options, none as easy as an Alkin. Easy does cost though.

Are you a tinkerer? Can you maintain a lesser compressor? Do you have the desire?
Don't want the hassle of thinking with a compressor. My guns are a Marauder .25, Urgan 1 .30, Vulcan 3 .30 , AAA Slayer .357 , Sam Yang .45 and a Blitz

Reactions: Spikedone7
I use this ,its mobil and fast and about a $1000 less then a alkin. buy once its pays in the Long run.
DSC_0190.JPG

Wish I had a good.compressor or.booster pump. I rebuilt my yong heng 4 times until I wore out the heads too. Yong heng gets 5-10 refills of 45 min scba tank before needing rebuilt.
It's good to have a hobby. Mine isn't rebuilding air compressors. Admittedly I went somewhat cheaper than a Alkin with my Tuxing, once I got the normal Chinese failures out of the way it's been reliable...so far. They now have a 4 cylinder one. If this goes I'll sell it for parts and get a Alkin. 20min from 3k to 4.5k.

Reactions: RM.510bigbore
Forgot to mention that I started out filling at a dive shop for $8 per fill (2years). Then bought a nomad which only lasted 7 months. Then told myself I’m going to be in the hobby for awhile and spent the extra money. I believe I paid $4500 shipped to my door in May 2020. I’m assuming they’re more expensive now. Shooting has been much more enjoyable with unlimited air.