alkin compressor

I am not looking at the specs. on the 120 volt! However my 240 volt draws 20 amps. If voltage goes down current goes up so the 120 Volt will most likely draw 40 amps. That is not a normal household receptacle you would have to have one installed with a 40 amp single pole breaker with 8 gauge wire. A 240 motor is more efficient. I wouldn't care for the gas motor for my use indoors.

I am not looking at the specs. on the 120 volt! However my 240 volt draws 20 amps. If voltage goes down current goes up so the 120 Volt will most likely draw 40 amps. That is not a normal household receptacle you would have to have one installed with a 40 amp single pole breaker with 8 gauge wire. A 240 motor is more efficient. I wouldn't care for the gas motor for my use indoors.

I think you better check Ohms law again!! You are 100% incorrect...

Here is a nameplate from a motor. Notice the motor could be ran on 230 or 115 Volts notice the Amps 6.0 / 12.0 

if the motor is wired 230 it will draw 6 amps or if the motor is wired 115 it will draw 12 amps 

E501864B-01DB-4AF3-A4BD-62EC271058CF_4_5005_c.1628131089.jpeg

Is the auto start/stop/purge something to consider...? It is about $600 + extra...adds up quick.

Auto stop would be nice. But for my use it wasn't something I would spend the extra on. I shoot my tank down to maybe 200 bar. I fill toward 310 Bar. Then I close my tank and open the small knurled bottle relief valve then reach down and open the Alkin drain valves and let run a few minutes then shut down. All this takes maybe 7 to 10 minutes (not timed). If I had several bottles to fill or used it more often the feature may be nice. But I am happy without it. 

yep , not looking for gas , just putting it out there. as for the electrical. Problem was I thought the 220 was a COMMERCIAL electrical value not afforded to regular homeowners. Hence the inquiry.

Rangur you ask a good question. Most residents have 120/240 electrical panels. Most of the time we don't have a receptacle for 20amp 240 so you would need to get one installed. I have never seen a 40 amp 120 circuit in a house. But I am not a residential electrician. I am a electrician for a utility and have done residential for myself and way back when I did some commercial when I was an apprentice. Now its mostly just testing 230/500 Kv substation equipment. 

I really like my Alkin. Oh I almost forgot there was a post a week ago that has a video that will answer a bunch of questions for you.

https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/excellent-alkin-w31-review-by-airgun-advisor/?referrer=1

want the alkin mariner 31 upright compressor. question is "which one" ? they have gas and 2 electrical , one 220 and one 110-115v

Now i'm figuring the 110 system as for ease of use and no extra set up BS. Am i missing something? Thanks for being patient with my illiteracy on the subject. " thumbs up" !

I think you better check Ohms law again!! You are 100% incorrect...

JFYI_

100% incorrect on your part

jmo

yae , I have been away from the game for too long so I forgot quite a bit. soon as I looked into the advice / information. I remembered the "dryer" deal - set up a 30 amp 240 system with dedicated line to the panel and go to town! thanks to all helping me remember.

Seems to me you are both saying the same thing. Voltage up amps down . Amps up voltage down. An inverse relationship. I’m I correct ?

yes , acs and oldsparky agree with that statement , uhfraderwill was the one who disagreed completely.

Is the auto start/stop/purge something to consider...? It is about $600 + extra...adds up quick.

Auto stop would be nice. But for my use it wasn't something I would spend the extra on. I shoot my tank down to maybe 200 bar. I fill toward 310 Bar. Then I close my tank and open the small knurled bottle relief valve then reach down and open the Alkin drain valves and let run a few minutes then shut down. All this takes maybe 7 to 10 minutes (not timed). If I had several bottles to fill or used it more often the feature may be nice. But I am happy without it.

I'm doing the same thing and completely agree the auto off is a waste. I just sit on a stool and watch the needle go up, it'd feel strange if I walked away from it. 

As others have said, it is much easier to set up the wiring for the 220 than it is for the 110 unit. If I'm not mistaken you (or your electrician) should be able to just double up the wiring from one outlet to get 220 and you won't have to worry about higher amps breakers and heavier wiring. Also, the manual compressor is the way to go for most people. It has a pressure release valve, so if you don't stop the compressor when the bottle is full, it will continue to run while bleeding off the excess pressure. And, since it only takes 5-6 minutes to top off a tank, it's not much of a trial to sit there with it while it fills. Call up the guys at Utah Airguns if you need more info.

As others have said, it is much easier to set up the wiring for the 220 than it is for the 110 unit. If I'm not mistaken you (or your electrician) should be able to just double up the wiring from one outlet to get 220 and you won't have to worry about higher amps breakers and heavier wiring. Also, the manual compressor is the way to go for most people. It has a pressure release valve, so if you don't stop the compressor when the bottle is full, it will continue to run while bleeding off the excess pressure. And, since it only takes 5-6 minutes to top off a tank, it's not much of a trial to sit there with it while it fills. Call up the guys at Utah Airguns if you need more info.

^^^^^^this^^^^^^ auto stop, auto drain are extras that most of us will never need. It is the pressure relief valve that protects you, and your tanks. With compressors so expensive, anyway, it is nice to save where you can.

I own the Alkin W31 horizontal model. Like others have said, don't buy a 110V model. Get a 220V as the motor will draw half the amps of a 110V. A 110V compressor is not as simple as plugging a lamp into an outlet. Chances are your breaker won't handle an Alkin 110V compressor without tripping or overheating your wiring. Heavy duty compressors run best on 220V and 10G wiring. Don't waste your money on the extra $675 for auto drain/auto shutoff. These compressors fill your tank so fast that you don't need those features. The only time you ever need to purge your moisture drains during a fill is if you're filling a big tank from empty. Even then you only manually purge the line once or twice. You can't over fill your tank with the manual model because it has a pop off valve that releases excess pressure once it reaches 4500 psi. So the worst thing that can happen if you forget to shut your compressor off is that it continues to purge excess pressure until you shut it off. It won't damage or over pressurize your tank. Auto purge and auto shutoff only make sense on smaller compressors that take an hour or more to top off a tank. An Alkin can top it off in 10 minutes or less.