• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

alkin compressor

Auto purge and auto shutoff only make sense on smaller compressors that take an hour or more to top off a tank which an Alkin can do in 10 minutes or less.

Or if you are using the compressor in the intended way which is filling multiple tanks one after the other. If you only have a tank or two, you won't need this feature.

Seems one would be "purging" at each tank change anyway.

want the alkin mariner 31 upright compressor. question is "which one" ? they have gas and 2 electrical , one 220 and one 110-115v

Now i'm figuring the 110 system as for ease of use and no extra set up BS. Am i missing something? Thanks for being patient with my illiteracy on the subject. " thumbs up" !

My suggestion is that you contact Alkin directly. They have some pretty laid back reps that will answer all of your questions via phone or email. Also, @Humdinger has a good reputation on AGN when it comes to helping members with compressor issues. 

I'd second the recommendation to talk directly to Alkin - their reps were great when I bought mine, very patient with questions and very helpful. 

I got the 220V vertical model. Go 220V because it's in your electrical box, and unless you already have a "winky" outlet (110V 20A) you're going to have to wire something new in anyway, and, per Alkin's spec, the 220V machine is a little more performant. 

No matter which you get, once you get it hooked up, you'll never regret it.

GsT

I got ahold of David Emen at Alkin, very helpful answering questions. It’s time to retire my 9 year old Freedom 8 shoebox with 431 hours on it. My new Alkin will be here next Friday!

Zonk

431 hours in 9 years with a Shoebox is less than 16 hours with the Alkin W31. At that rate, you’ll use it less than 2 hours per year.

I’ve had my Coltri MCH6 for a year now and it only has 7 hours on it.

I got ahold of David Emen at Alkin, very helpful answering questions. It’s time to retire my 9 year old Freedom 8 shoebox with 431 hours on it. My new Alkin will be here next Friday!

Zonk

431 hours in 9 years with a Shoebox is less than 16 hours with the Alkin W31. At that rate, you’ll use it less than 2 hours per year.

I’ve had my Coltri MCH6 for a year now and it only has 7 hours on it.

My Alkin W31 is 16 months old and only has 9 hours on it. Each hour of runtime provides between 7-8 top offs of a 6.8 liter tank from 3-4.5K psi. The low number of hours still represents a lot of fills. It is a pleasure to top off a tank in such a short time. I refill my tank to 4800 psi which is no sweat for this compressor or tank. It's nice to avoid dealing with the hassles of trips to the dive shop to get a refill that cools down to 4100 psi by the time you get home. The dive shops that I used to go to acted like it was an annoyance to fill carbon fiber tanks since scuba tanks only require 3000 psi. If your time is worth something to you then you'll truly appreciate a compressor, especially if you have a reliable one.

Well it came yesterday, can’t wait to run my 220 Circuit. But first I need a little more rehab on my knee to go upstairs in my barn to run a 220 circuit down to my shop.
5AAD91A3-FE7E-4CDF-9BEF-B7F39D133C7C.1630084351.jpeg
9274DCF7-4995-4E6F-B41D-445D9D308730.1630084358.jpeg