Alkin compressor on order

I never considered this with my air tanks! What kind of tools could be powered by air?
You can fill tires, run air nailers, air wrenches. You don't get a huge amount of run time, like finishing a deck, but for general repairs, smaller jobs it will run them pretty nicely. It's handy for offroading too, having an impact wrench to change wheels etc is very handy.

Bumping this thread. @kingsqueak, can you tell me where you got a low pressure reg for 4500 -> 120psi? I’ve googled the crap out of the internet and what I find references a 1st stage scuba reg, but I cant find any such thing.

I’m primarily interested in clean, dry air simply for blowing sensitive equipment on my workbench. Now that I have an Alkin W31, my spare tank could serve this nicely.

Bumping this thread. @kingsqueak, can you tell me where you got a low pressure reg for 4500 -> 120psi? I’ve googled the crap out of the internet and what I find references a 1st stage scuba reg, but I cant find any such thing.

I’m primarily interested in clean, dry air simply for blowing sensitive equipment on my workbench. Now that I have an Alkin W31, my spare tank could serve this nicely.
I never did buy one because I haven't talked myself into the cost. This is the only source I could find. I used them on a fire department many years ago and also with a race car pit crew.

Here's the only source I've been able to find. I think they are massively marked up.

Follow up - so now that I have the W31 (outstanding compressor) I have a spare SCBA tank that I could sell - or I could hobble together a few parts and have always available, clean, regulated air for workbench and portable tool needs.

Works like a champ.

6E3B352D-90EF-4D99-A731-1EF7097FEA47.jpeg
69765383-2A41-4566-972E-CE5B3974D1F2.jpeg

Last edited: