Other Ali Express Regulated Drop Block Problem, easy fix

20240228_132743.jpg

Here's the Drop block in Question, you can get these in different colors on Ali Express, they are great addition for a Notos build and gives the Bottle about 3-4 mm spacing apart from the Barrel.
Now the Problem I had with the one I received was the Regulator didn't work, it didn't let any air through it, I took it apart and found the Problem,
it was the Delrin Seat for the regulator piston was not Notched to allow air around it, basically it was a Plug, it sealed the entire regulator cylinder and kept air from getting to the gun, So I took a small round File and filed a Notch into it about 1/2 to 3/4 of a millimeter into the side of it, cleaned and reassembled and now it works great, nice to have an adjustable regulator that is adjustable from the outside, for lower pressure turn the screw in, for higher pressure turn the screw out, easy

here's a full explanation on how to fix the problem

20240228_132714.jpg

20240228_132702.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: RAMJET66
yes it is a Dowty washer, I took too much meat off the block and there is a Stainless steel cap below it that I didn't want to cut (I don't have the tooling to cut stainless yet), the block is too large to fit in my Lathe chuck so I use a fly cutter on the Mill to trim the block, me being a novice machinist I goofed:eek:, so I had to do what I could to save the thing, so it got the Dowty washer, it's a very heavy duty Dowty washer so I'm not worried about it, and yes I got water vapor in the gauges, they dried out within 20 minutes, I can't wait till I get the DRO for the Mill, that will keep me from doing too many Ooopses, oh well, it still worked out....