Alabama and Georgia folks take a look at Talladega

Reactions: maxtrouble
I have been to the Talladega CMP a few times. WOW. If every state had facilities like they have, we would be set!! MY son shoots USPSA and 3 Gun. That place is a wonder land for shooters. Long range, short range, in between range......you get the idea. Did I say WOW. I will be back this year and i can't wait.

carry on.

I have been to the Talladega CMP a few times. WOW. If every state had facilities like they have, we would be set!! MY son shoots USPSA and 3 Gun. That place is a wonder land for shooters. Long range, short range, in between range......you get the idea. Did I say WOW. I will be back this year and i can't wait.

carry on.
I just wish i could get a facility like it in lower Alabama / Mississippi / Western most Florida.

Reactions: Raysfan

carry on.
That would imply gun safety and responsibly especially in young adults / kids . that's a big no no . We're getting rid of guns not preserving them .. only a criminal use guns and cash .

That's the agenda thinking you got to contend with now

The days of joining my H.S knife and gun clubs are gone ..lol

That would imply gun safety and responsibly especially in young adults / kids . that's a big no no . We're getting rid of guns not preserving them .. only a criminal use guns and cash .

That's the agenda thinking you got to contend with now

The days of joining my H.S knife and gun clubs are gone ..lol
@mcnasty
What part of lower Alabama are you from? I'm in Mobile.
I am trying to create a CMP program and facilities site along with a Field Target facility. like CMP in Huntsville, Al. google it.
It takes a lot of positive attitude to promote these programs, including getting traditional firearm people and the training sites interested. Scouts are always ready to be involved as well as educating city counsels, mayors, county commissioners etc...
Olympic programs and scholarship money at large universities IS available esp via ROTC etc...
You have to keep the message positive and you have to work at promoting the things which bring you joy.

Last edited:
I just wish i could get a facility like it in lower Alabama / Mississippi / Western most Florida.

I’ve said this before but it’s true. At the airgun matches I’ve participated in at CMP the majority of shooters are high school or younger. They have good family support, they work hard, they are safety conscious and very nice polite people. They often come long distances and are part of a school team or local gun club. We couldn’t ask for better representatives for the shooting sports or gun ownership.

Rick H.

I’ve said this before but it’s true. At the airgun matches I’ve participated in at CMP the majority of shooters are high school or younger. They have good family support, they work hard, they are safety conscious and very nice polite people. They often come long distances and are part of a school team or local gun club. We couldn’t ask for better representatives for the shooting sports or gun ownership.

Rick H.