Akela stock refinishing

Trying to refinish a akela stock has anybody done one ? Would like to know what stripper you used as I'm not having the best of luck with this one. Reason for doing this is that the stock was kind of sticky, did not like all the sharp edges (trigger guard, top of stock where action drops in, ect. plus wanted to do a color change. Other words putting my own personal touch on it. Currently was using Klean strip, but 220 sand paper gums up so not all of the finish has been removed. Have been over the stock three times I'm at a lost any suggestions ? thinking of Citristrip next.

Okie, out of the question I'd do more damage to the stock than removing the crap they put on it I have (bad tremors). Besides that I can envision what my fingers would look like lol. Will try the citristrip tomorrow thanks for chiming in.

I put step by step instructions on using Citristrip in this “Resources“ forum - look it up:

Post in thread 'Refinishing JTS Airacuda Standard stock?'
https://www.airgunnation.com/threads/refinishing-jts-airacuda-standard-stock.1287920/post-1471702

Citrastrip is the orange gooy stuff. It worked great removing the factory finish on my Cayden and Akela - as well as a Daystate Huntsman stock.

Tip: after letting the Citrastrip do its thing for 24 hours, wipe the heavy stuff off with paper towels. Then put some mineral spirits on a rag or paper towels and wipe the rest off - it wipes off easily with the mineral spirits.

-Ed

Reactions: kayaker
EPG thankyou for responding as I was going to do this yesterday then today but things changed, hopefully tomorrow. I was hoping not to waste money on a product that didn't work lol. I'll post a picture of it when done, BTW do you have a picture of your Akela ?

Here is my Cayden before & after

Akela after - I don’t have a before pic handy.

-Ed

IMG_1259.jpeg

IMG_0089.jpeg

IMG_0198.jpeg

IMG_2437.jpeg