AirWolf MCT .25 or AirWolf Extreme

Im pretty sure the "Extreme" is not shooting too fast. It is putting out around 48-50 FPE if i recall from the time i was looking at one, which is more in the middle as far as .25 goes. The Extreme has a longer barrel and a carbon tank over the MCT.

I would disregard the numbers and just go for the one you like the best. Both choices should be able to get most jobs done and done well.
I you could mix and match i would get the airwolf MCT but with a carbon bottle =)

I owned one for less than 24 hours. Beautiful rifle but it was just longer and heavier than I wanted. Mine was .25. I sent it back for a Wolverine B Hi-Lite in .25. I miss the electronics but the Wolverine is very nice, accurate, and shorter and lighter.

I think had I bought the Air Wolf MCT in .22 I would have been pleased. But, I wanted a .25 with good FPE and shot count. 

I owned the Air Wolf in .25 sold it and now I have the Extreme. The Wolf did 39.6 ft-lbs with JSB Kings which was not enough ft-lbs in my opinion for a .25 since my .22 rifle is 34.5 ft-lbs. My Extreme does 52.4 ft-lbs with the JSB King Heavies MKII on high power and is doing 37.9 ft-lbs on low with JSB Kings. I am getting 50 shots on high power with 20 fps spread put only a 9 fps spread for the first 40. I am getting 160 shots on low power, but there is a 41 fps spread on low. Low is a little strange as it has a shot curve similar to unregulated where it will start lower get higher and then drop lower again. That being said if I switch from high to low power at shot 45 it's right at the sweet spot for low power and the fps spread is a lot lower then. I might be just a little off on the numbers as I'm trying to do this from memory and I have that information at home. If I'm a little off on them I will correct the numbers when I get home tonight. I will post the shot strings for both the Wolf and Extreme as well as few targets when I get home tonight. Both rifles are very accurate and I would say the same up to 40-45 yards, but the Extreme has tighter groups after that. It might have to do with with greater weight of the Heavies, but I'm not sure of that. Even with the longer barrel the Extreme is lighter then the wolf because of CF bottle. I don't find that the longer barrel of the Extreme is a problem when afield, but I'm not trying to push through heavy brush. To be fair, I would not have done that with the Wolf either as those walnut stocks are just to nice to scratch :)

Reactions: Txboy
Txboy, thank you for the Accuracy! I was off a little bit on the number above, and I corrected them so they are accurate.
Sorry I did not get this information posted last night, but I was unable to find my Chrony information form the Wolf, but I have it now.

Air Wolf .25 High Power Benjamin Domed

Air Wolf Extreme .25 High Power JSB Exact

Air Wolf Extreme .25 Low Power JSB Exact Shot

Top set of pictures are from the Air Wolf and all where with JSB Kings 25.4 5 shot groups on High power.

2nd set is from the AW Extreme first 2 are with JSB Kings at low power and the 3rd picture is King Heavy MKII on High power 5 shot group each target.

The one nice thing with the both rifles is that you can set a pressure alarm for both High and Low power. With the Extreme I have the High alarm set at 168 Bar and use the King Heavy until that point. I then I know to switch over to low power and go to the Exact Kings and I have the Low power Alarm set to 105 Bar. All in all I am very happy with the Extreme and for me it meets the needs that I have for a .25 cal air rifle. Good ft-lbs on High power for hunting, and high shot count on Low power for when I am plinking and just having some fun.