• Much like Google Reviews - members are allowed to create (1) unique thread for each vendor/manufacturer. You may "edit" your thread at any time to reflect any changes.

AirTanksPlus - StikMan

I bought a StikMan fill adapter here on the forum a few months ago. After finally getting thru a compressor saga and all that drama, I hooked StikMan up to one of my SCBA tanks and using a deadman opened the tank to see what pressure remained. I knew the tank had a little more than 4200 psi based on my other fill adapter gauge which had proven accurate and reliable in the past. I was concerned when StikMan indicated only 3600 psi. I swapped fill adapters and my other gauge indicated 4260 psi. I made similar comparison using my second SCBA tank and StikMan was low again, 3780 versus 4340 psi.

I find the StikMan gauge easier to read and wanted to use it as my fill adapter so I decided I would call AirTanksPlus to see what it was going to take to "fix" it. After talking with the owner (never did catch his name) and explaining the problem, he asked me to send him the complete StikMan and that he would fix whatever was causing the pressure discrepancy and check gauge calibration against his master calibration gauge and return it the same day he received it. When I asked what kind of money we were talking about he said that he wouldn't charge me for repairing the gauge and he also told me he didn't care I was not the original owner of the StikMan. He just wanted his product to operate correctly for whoever owned it.

I boxed it up and sent it out last Saturday - Monday I get texts with pictures showing how the gauge was reading "as received" and how it was reading the same reference pressure after problem was fixed. I received the StikMan in today's mail. I've hooked it up to my SCBA tank and now find it reads 4250 where my other gauge reads 4260 psi. That's a wash in my book! Have already topped off two rifles with StikMan and it is as easy and accurate to use as I imagined.

Thanks AirTanksPlus!!