Airmax Pistols

I had not decided on what to do with the .22. For now, I decided to try a few things. Simply cranking up the hammer spring really didn't give me much of a power increase. I had thought about cranking up the regulator, but decided to try it unregulated and see what kind of power I could get. I have been shooting 13.4gr jumbo rs and regulated was getting about 630fps for 30 shots. Unregulated I am getting 720fps avg for 18 shots.

You cannot simply pull the regulator on this gun, so I basically rearranged the bellville washers and now, the regulator just flows air. No regulation. I did increase the valve spring preload and that helped flatten out the unregged shot string. It did take alot of hammer energy to get the velocity up as well.

I am pretty sure that opening up all the internal air pathways could give more power gains, but I am happy for now. The initial reason for this pistol was for close range raccoon control. The current power level is about were my Prod is at and it has worked good for close range head shots.

Later this morning I will test accuracy.

These pistols use probes which are a one piece probe with foster quick connects, but no probe hole plug to keep debris and such out. I spent a bit of time and made a plug for the probe hole. Only had time to make one and it was a rushed job, so I will probably spend a little time this evening and make a couple more.

Reactions: JoeWayneRhea
A few hours and alittle elbow grease and the Airmax is now a .25 caliber!!

The conversion was really easy. Drill and tap 3 set screws in the breech to hold the barrel and machine a barrel. That was it.

16" .25 GM barrel with 25gr JSB Kings is giving 650fps avg for 10 shots. There is alot of tuning that could be done, but I am very happy so far. This will make for a great pest gun. Here are some pictures.

Here are the first 4 shots at 15 yards with a cheap holographic sight.

With alittle holdover, I was quickly hitting paddle targets at 40 yards. This gun is so much fun!!😎

23+fpe and still balances nicely for offhand shooting!! I am super stoked about this gun!! My kids love the .177 Airmax so it will remain stock. I really like this .25 and don't want to do anything else with it other than possibly play with tunes. I think I might get another Airmax to do a .30.

For anyone who likes to tinker and mod guns, these Airmax pistols are really cool!!

Well, overall I think the Airmax pistol is a heck of a good gun for the price. I paid $259 each. Not bad for a regulated pistol. Both of mine in stock form were accurate and fun to shoot. With a little hammer spring adjusting, set the trigger to your liking, and you have a good solid pistol. These guns are also very easy to work on and as you see in my above posts, very easy to modify.

The negatives. The stock orings are junk!! I am getting by with the spares sent with the guns, but I will be ordering good quality orings and replacing all the stock ones.

The regulators do take awhile to break in and until they do, you get a rather pronounced non regulated bell curve.

The swing open breech/loading gate does have some blow by issues but can be easily fixed. In all honesty the blow by doesn't have much effect on the chrono results but may bother some. One gun had blow by and the other did not.

That is really it. For the price point, it is hard to complain about this gun. Is it an FWB??? NO!!! But, it is a fine pcp pistol that performs well and fits into alot of airgunners budgets. Though myself and others have been very critical of the vendor and for good reason, they actually have a winner with the Airmax. I think most people will be very happy with these guns in stock form. For guys like me that like to tinker and modify guns, this platform is very simple and full of potential.

JoeWayneRhea Yeah Aaron I have talked with the vendor and I honestly get the impression they are Trying to provide a good product ....That being said , I get the impression their operating capital is such that they order a product and are forced financially to sell it before its truly ready and they make promises based on best case scenario

Very well put!! That pretty much sums it up in my opinion. Had it not been for guys like Motorhead and Mike Reames posting on other forums about how good these pistols are and showing all the cool mods they did, I never would have bought one let alone two.

I'm looking forward to an aftermarket support offering like the Marauders have- where even my toolchest can transform the standard pistol into a handgun limited only by imagination and my credit card ceiling.
Rifle stocks, multiple calibers, LDC's and various sights. This may be my new EDC airpistol for my car (for those squirrels of opportunity moments)

0akhonorI'm looking forward to an aftermarket support offering like the Marauders have- where even my toolchest can transform the standard pistol into a handgun limited only by imagination and my credit card ceiling.
Rifle stocks, multiple calibers, LDC's and various sights. This may be my new EDC airpistol for my car (for those squirrels of opportunity moments)

I hope Mrodair keeps importing these pistols!! Only thing I would like changed is have them switch to some decent quality orings as the current factory orings are the worst I have ever seen. Placed an order for 40 of every needed size and just switched out both my .25 and .177 as they both were leaking.

These guns are so easy to caliber swap and work on. If they drilled and tapped 2-3 set screws in the top of the breech from the factory, caliber changes would simply be drop in if they offered barrels.

This pistol holds so much opportunity!!