Airmarksman Brand Carbon Fiber Tank

Be careful.... Those Chinese cylinders have been known to blow up
1f525.svg
1f31f.svg
1f4a5.svg
1f480.svg

I believe this is the same company that was selling on Ebay, sometimes Chinese product will often "DOT Certify"
without actually having certification. https://www.ebay.com/itm/9L-Scuba-Diving-Tank-4500psi-Carbon-Fiber-Composite-Air-Cylinder-DOT-SP-14621-/401475950958

So, you are saying that Utah Airguns, one of the larger vendors here, is selling fake DOT certified tanks and that buying from them is the equivalent of buying from some unknown guy on eBay?

🤔

Reactions: UCChris
After looking at the tank on UAs website I have to say it sure looks like a Acecare tank with a Airmarksman label. I don’t think they are “fake DOT” though. Just like the Koreans, the Chinese have DOT tanks that are not fake certified.

As far as blowing up, they would delaminate and leak long before an explosion. If you have proof of a CF tank exploding, please post the link.

Be careful.... Those Chinese cylinders have been known to blow up
1f525.svg
1f31f.svg
1f4a5.svg
1f480.svg

I believe this is the same company that was selling on Ebay, sometimes Chinese product will often "DOT Certify"
without actually having certification. https://www.ebay.com/itm/9L-Scuba-Diving-Tank-4500psi-Carbon-Fiber-Composite-Air-Cylinder-DOT-SP-14621-/401475950958

So, you are saying that Utah Airguns, one of the larger vendors here, is selling fake DOT certified tanks and that buying from them is the equivalent of buying from some unknown guy on eBay?

🤔

Fail or Not the decision was already made to support a Chinese product. I'm personally very particular on my air source and feel it's worth the extra dime to not have to question a products origin. Unfortunately a recent post that was in fact made here did show a failure. The poster removed due to several who had reading comprehension problems. The failure was due to poor maintenance to a compressor that was used to fill the tank. This wasn't catastrophic but still a failure.

I bought the 74cuft model and it arrived on Friday. I originally ordered the Air Venturi from them, but requested this as a replacement as the AV ones were back ordered. It’s my first tank, but to my engineer eye, it looks to be pretty high quality. I had it filled at my local scuba shop and didn’t have any issues. I like that it has a tank gauge showing how much air is left.

1598227912_12739229425f4305c8e01f61.26215700.jpeg

Air Marksman is probably a tradename registered to Utah Airguns. None of the tanks sold to the airgun world is marketed under their manufacturers' name. Stating that an Asian made tank is likely to explode is scaremongering and utter codswallop.

100% agree. It's B.S. The only exploding SCBA tanks are those intentionally overpressured at a hydrotesting facility or shot at with a firearm while full. There is a lot of unsubstantiated scaremongering in the compressor and tank forums. Some of it is even initiated by self anointed scientists.

I received mine today. It seems very well finished, with a nice glossy clear coat over all of it. The double gauge on the tank is really nice, as it tells what’s in the tank without having to fill the hose. Even better is that both the big (hose) gauge and the smaller tank gauge agree with each other. Filled it to 4500 PSI with my Air Venturi compressor, no problem whatsoever.

Hey folks, I've been window shopping for a 70 - 100 (or so) cubic foot SCBA tank, and I ran across this brand at Utah Airguns. 74 and 98 cubic foot models, and look to be in stock. Anyone have any experience with this brand? Don't really need one as of yet, but love to look.

Hey folks, I've been window shopping for a 70 - 100 (or so) cubic foot SCBA tank, and I ran across this brand at Utah Airguns. 74 and 98 cubic foot models, and look to be in stock. Anyone have any experience with this brand? Don't really need one as of yet, but love to look.