• *Effective 3/27/2024 - The discussion of the creation, fabrication, or modification of airgun moderators is prohibited. The discussion of any "adapters" used to convert an airgun moderator to a firearm silencer will result in immediate termination of the account.*

Airmarksman Backbone rail

Who has purchased this rail ( Utah airguns ) and had accuracy issues after installation? I had two distinct point of impact groups with every pellet and same tune that didn’t happen before.
When I took the rail off it went back to shooting great, so I put the rail on a machinist table and it has a slight bow about midway on rail? This in turn I believe is putting stress on rear block and barrel?
Let me know your experience, also the one shipped was rough flat black? And hardware was in a torn bag with masking tape holding it closed…

Reactions: qball
Who has purchased this rail ( Utah airguns ) and had accuracy issues after installation? I had two distinct point of impact groups with every pellet and same tune that didn’t happen before.
When I took the rail off it went back to shooting great, so I put the rail on a machinist table and it has a slight bow about midway on rail? This in turn I believe is putting stress on rear block and barrel?
Let me know your experience, also the one shipped was rough flat black? And hardware was in a torn bag with masking tape holding it closed…
It sounds like they may have sent you a returned item.

Reactions: ripping.r
I only checked it because when fitting it jacked my rear block up, and also when shooting it to check it out it wouldn’t shoot 2-3. Pellets in one hole and 2-3 pellets in another. So took it back off and gave it to a machinist at work he said it’s .03 Off font to back plus twisted another .03-.04.
Talked to Alex he said he would ship me another out so we will see?

They were torqued to about 9 in. Pounds. I see your point but when I reinstalled original rail the two different poi. Stopped.
I reinstalled the Backbone the problem started again.(I shot many groups to prove this theory) like I said the machinists where I work confirmed it was not true.
Alex at Utah airguns is sending out a new one to me when the back orders are taken care of so that’s ok by me.

They were torqued to about 9 in. Pounds. I see your point but when I reinstalled original rail the two different poi. Stopped.
I reinstalled the Backbone the problem started again.(I shot many groups to prove this theory) like I said the machinists where I work confirmed it was not true.
Alex at Utah airguns is sending out a new one to me when the back orders are taken care of so that’s ok by me.

Very interesting! Mine should be here in a day or so Guess I will see when I get mine.

The part I don’t get is 2 POI, given how stiff it is I think even if the machining is off to one side it would shift the POI to one side permanently. Have you torque it down a bit more? 9 inch/lb is a little low since i torque my scope rings to 10 inch/lbs and higher for other parts, given this is securing everything on the gun I think it needs more torque. The original plate is not very stiff so your current torque might enough but might not be for a plate that’s a lot thicker and stiffer.

Do they publish the torque value for the screws? They really should, granted I don’t ever FX ever published any torque values.

Well I was going to purchase a backbone for my M3 .30 Cal. Sniper. Now I'm having second thoughts. Does anyone have anything good to say about the Rail ?
I have the 30 moa long backbone on my .22 impact withe the 800mm tensioned barrell. I LOVE it. Not sure if if improved my accuracy or not, but it certainly did not hurt my accuracy. The rifle feels more solid and I like the extended pic rail for attaching a top mounted bipod. Really lets me anchor in.
Would I buy the backbone again? Absolutely. Cameron that runs AirMarksman out at Utah Air is a great guy and I promise you will be taken care of.

IMG_2040.JPG

Last edited:
I have the 30 moa long backbone on my .22 impact withe the 800mm tensioned barrell. I LOVE it. Not sure if if improved my accuracy or not, but it certainly did not hurt my accuracy. The rifle feels more solid and I like the extended pic rail for attaching a top mounted bipod. Really lets me anchor in.
Would I buy the backbone again? Absolutely. Cameron that runs AirMarksman out at Utah Air is a great guy and I promise you will be taken care of.

View attachment 346526

View attachment 346526
Thank you for the reply regarding the backbone rail. I guess I will give one a try. Thanks again .