Airmarksman 12v/110v Portable Compressor

Oil-less, water-less compressor = disposable compressor. If you are just an occasional user, these compressors may be ok for you, however they will not last long under the prolonged usage required to fill or even top off a tank and they say as much in their manuals. Filling guns, on the other hand, is what they are meant for and they do a nice job of it for their limited lifetimes.

So, using the larger water filters will shorten the life of your compressor. Still you need dry air. You can see the problem here. I would suggest using the smallest filter, that one can use, that will still get the job done as filter size will have an impact on your compressors lifespan.

The tiny Yong Heng filter if installed after your main filter will let you know if if you are getting all of the moisture out. You simply need to check it for moisture regularly. One installed before your main filter and changed out every 10 - 20 minutes, then set aside to dry and use later, will help your main filter live longer.

This is how I set my filter system up and it has served me quite well. I religiously purge my compressor, to rid it of moisture, every five minutes while in service. I also religiously change out the Yong Heng filter that is installed prior to my main desiccant filter to stop any moisture from entering it. I only have to change the cartridge in my desiccant filter once a year with this set up so it is an inexpensive way to do things. My basement runs at 55 - 65% humidity.

If you can get by with a smaller filter than I am using here you would be better off. But you need to use one that will do the job no matter what the size is.