AirMaks Arms Airmaks KRAiT X: Take 2 - Part 1! Explanation Of My Journey, Improved Reg, Overview, & Shots @150yds (video inside)

I almost didn't want to publish this due to the not-so-good mic quality at the beginning (sorry guys!) but the information is good so here you go! This is NOT a review video, simply a teaser to reveal the gun I've been hinting about on Facebook! :)

Basically we are giving the Airmaks Krait another chance on the channel. Airmaks actually listened to their customers about the bad regulator design (which I was 100% correct about, btw) and now the Krait comes with a great reg! I gotta give credit where credit is due and this gun deserves another look now that it has a new "engine"! Props to Airmaks for going back to the drawing board and dropping the bad "pull" reg design completely in order to swap it out with a proven "push" design reg that I helped Huma test during the prototype phase! That was extremely cash-money of them!

I owe my viewers an explanation for why I even have this gun after I was so angry and bitter with it before, so in this video you'll see that plus I'll give you a brief overview of the rifle and then take some shots at 150 yards right out of the box.

Hi,

I'm looking to buy one, but I don't know which version of the rifle they have. How can I know if it's the gen 1, 2 or 3 of the regulator. Plus, there are two blocs (Receiver or action) versions, right?

Thanks for the info, great video. I really like the rifle, but I want to be completely sure about the rifle and which version I'm buying.

Oh, The one that I'm looking for, comes with the 580cc bottle. Is this something that Airmaks start to do after some reg version?

Thanks and best regards,

Alex

did they send you a check for all your time ?
Haha no they but they made it right by sending a current-gen gun over for review. Thanks for recognizing the absolutely megalithic amount of time I have into all this.
Hopefully they have the problem solved, how is the anti double feed?
Will test in the upcoming review. Waiting for it to be at least reasonable weather rather than frigid winter - not fair to review airguns in such temps.
Hi,

I'm looking to buy one, but I don't know which version of the rifle they have. How can I know if it's the gen 1, 2 or 3 of the regulator. Plus, there are two blocs (Receiver or action) versions, right?

Thanks for the info, great video. I really like the rifle, but I want to be completely sure about the rifle and which version I'm buying.

Oh, The one that I'm looking for, comes with the 580cc bottle. Is this something that Airmaks start to do after some reg version?

Thanks and best regards,

Alex
The old one had a 480cc bottle. I think if you order a new one from UA you should be getting the latest and greatest. Call and make sure it has the Huma reg. I suspect they have probably changed out the reg to the new Huma on any in-stock gun. You can have no fear picking one of these up now. I recommend a digital reg gauge for sure though, here is a link for what we use: https://amzn.to/3RMFvXm

Overall I can now say this gun is good. My reg doesn't creep, I have no problem hitting a 4" gong at 150 yards damn near every time I aim at it, and it shoots 28gr Zans extremely nicely (see below at 50 yards):

1704998041458.png

Stay tuned, I may just use this gun at an NRL22 match in 0 degree weather (-18C) this weekend!

i think air marks not stepping in and saying they understand the problem and are working on it and just leaving guys out there stuck with a gun is where i had a issue , never did i see from AIR marks at any point step in and comfort its buyers ! did i miss something someplace by them ?i think it was the handling of it more so than could this problem be solved , any problem can be solved , but at who's expense ?

i think air marks not stepping in and saying they understand the problem and are working on it and just leaving guys out there stuck with a gun is where i had a issue , never did i see from AIR marks at any point step in and comfort its buyers ! did i miss something someplace by them ?i think it was the handling of it more so than could this problem be solved , any problem can be solved , but at who's expense ?
Not sure about any of that stuff. All I know is the issue is now solved. Hopefully those with the faulty pull regs can hit them up and get a Huma push reg? Not sure how any of the warranty aspect works but I know UA was taking care of people about it. Anyway, right now I'm only looking forward rather than in the rearview. I think that as an organization they probably had a big lessons-learned moment about releasing products to the market that were not thoroughly tested - so I doubt we'll see a misstep like that again out of them. BTW all their guns, not just the Krait, but ALL Airmaks guns now will come with Huma regs. So the future of Airmaks now looks very bright, in my opinion.

Kudos to you (and others) who reported these problems, in spite of some blowback! I read the whole thread and a lot of effort went into that. Based on your new review and reports from others, I got a new 22 compact to try as a pellet shooter. The reg has not wavered more than 1bar, even after sitting for a week and the pellet speed is constant regardless of tank pressure. Quite the turnaround from Airmaks (with help from Huma of course) - this is the most solid and consistent reg that I’ve seen and FX could learn a thing or two from this. In practice, shooting JTS 18.1, the accuracy is only limited by me out to 80y and the best part is that I can pick it up after a few days sitting unused and hit the point of aim with the first shot. Many thanks again for turning those thumbscrews!

Who is "air marks" ?

Mike

Kudos to you (and others) who reported these problems, in spite of some blowback! I read the whole thread and a lot of effort went into that. Based on your new review and reports from others, I got a new 22 compact to try as a pellet shooter. The reg has not wavered more than 1bar, even after sitting for a week and the pellet speed is constant regardless of tank pressure. Quite the turnaround from Airmaks (with help from Huma of course) - this is the most solid and consistent reg that I’ve seen and FX could learn a thing or two from this. In practice, shooting JTS 18.1, the accuracy is only limited by me out to 80y and the best part is that I can pick it up after a few days sitting unused and hit the point of aim with the first shot. Many thanks again for turning those thumbscrews!
Thanks for recognizing the work I put in and the truth I was telling despite a lot of backlash. I have this soapbox and I choose to use it for good and to tell people the truth. Sometimes the truth is ugly. Luckily, in this case, we now see a 100% change of course. I'm happy to hear about the performance of your Krait! Mine, even when filled to 300 bar does not creep at all. Maybe a bar or two but that can be attributed to temp changes, sometimes it even comes down a bar. Keep in mind 1 bar is 14 psi, essentially nothing. You could probably breathe on your plenum and increase the pressure by a few bar...

I will work on a full review of the new Krait soon, and you know I will put the work in to make it as real as it gets, even comparing it to the other gen 1 which we still have. I may even put out a video of me using the Gen2 in an NRL22 match this weekend, which would be a first as far as I know....

The thing is that gun should have never been released with that reg problem and it’s not cheap to buy either. Mine is still sitting in the box around here somewhere and as I recall the trigger is much to be desired too. I know there is an adjustable trigger out now for another $70 maybe that will improve it.
that was my thoughts , see if someone will send you a reg now, its a lot of money for something that had such a big problem when you put down hard earned money and got such a big disappointment , looks like the new reg fixed it though , i almost joined you guys in this !

It has a huma in it now but the whole not ready for prime time ordeal soured me on it. Oh and then there was the fail to feed issue with it being a .177 but carm magazines cured that but out the window was the money spent on the extra original mags and the mag holder. But I will say it feels and looks well built. I might have to dig it out and try the new trigger on it. I'll either love it or hate it.

Reactions: joelayfield
does any one know this mike vv guy is ? he seems like a very petty member to me
Probably just suffering from AGN mundane topic rage. It happens and causes people to lash out. We’ve kinda plateaued out technically so now we are just seeing the same stuff in a different shirt all the time. Even I get bummed out with the lack of mentally stimulating topics and get a little sarcastic at times. That’s why I’ve jokingly suggested a back room sub forum for members who have at least 5 years on this forum. We can go there and try to baffle each other with brilliance or attack each other if we’re bored.

• Haha
Reactions: joelayfield