• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Airmaks Krait X slug & speed choices

A new Krait X HP owner here, having previously owned the compact Krait, which was impressive.
But im struggling to get the X to group at 50 yards? So far I've only tried Zan 28grn .218 at about 975fps & H&N 30grn .218 at around 960fps.......which seems about the max limit on this gun. Reg at 150 bar.

Any info on regulator pressure, speeds, slug weights, widths & makes of slugs, to get me on track would be much appreciated 😊

Reactions: Fire012
You should be able to get the "X" to group well at 100yrds !

I can't help with a setup for that distance, but hey...your gun, experiment with it !! Try different power settings, different slugs/weights.
I don't shoot that far, but even with my little compact, there a couple of guys doing pretty good shooting with them.
Check out a few videos.

Mike

A new Krait X HP owner here, having previously owned the compact Krait, which was impressive.
But im struggling to get the X to group at 50 yards? So far I've only tried Zan 28grn .218 at about 975fps & H&N 30grn .218 at around 960fps.......which seems about the max limit on this gun. Reg at 150 bar.

Any info on regulator pressure, speeds, slug weights, widths & makes of slugs, to get me on track would be much appreciated 😊
I hope your luck is better than mine! 😅
i have the Krait L then got the X 700 barrel with its shroud. shot ZANs .219 28grn and it was good with wiered behavior! as one group on top of each other and the other all over th place! my first issue was the hammer couldn't open the valve above 136ish Bar. and the other issue was wiered tight spots in the barrel and few other minor issues.
I'm still chasing them down and have 2 input about it! one thread and the other is progress post.

Post in thread 'AirMaks Krait Air bros review SA' https://www.airgunnation.com/threads/airmaks-krait-air-bros-review-sa.1270183/post-1531875

Cheers 🍻

Last edited:
Reactions: DrSeagram
I hope your luck is better than mine! 😅
i have the Krait L then got the X 700 barrel with its shroud. shot ZANs .219 28grn and it was good with wiered behavior! as one group on top of each other and the other all over th place! my first issue was the hammer couldn't open the valve above 136ish Bar. and the other issue was wiered tight spots in the barrel and few other minor issues.
I'm still chasing them down and have 2 threads about it!

Cheers 🍻
I did bore scope mine on arrival. It was very well machined, with no visibile imperfections. After much lead, air & time if found the H&H HP2 30gn .217 are amazing.
My longest shot was a bunny at 148y, reg is set at 160 & my speed is 960fps. I've attached the video of the 148y shot.

148yrds is a dream for me few months ago! 😅
But hopefully after the hammer mod i would be able to do it, 🤞
still it a work in progress to rectify all the issues in it. but the new speeds are promising 😅
nice shoothing by the way, 👍👍 AMAZING! 😍
What or how are you modifying the hammer? Are you sure it's not the actual hammer spring holding you back??
A good replacement hammer spring can be made by purchasing these &cutting them to size. There practically identical dimensions, but higher quality than the stock springs.

sourcing map 3D Printer Die Spring, 6pcs 8mm OD 85mm Long Spiral Stamping Compression Mould Die Springs for 3D Printer Electric Part, Green https://amzn.eu/d/goLB4sa

What or how are you modifying the hammer? Are you sure it's not the actual hammer spring holding you back??
A good replacement hammer spring can be made by purchasing these &cutting them to size. There practically identical dimensions, but higher quality than the stock springs.

sourcing map 3D Printer Die Spring, 6pcs 8mm OD 85mm Long Spiral Stamping Compression Mould Die Springs for 3D Printer Electric Part, Green https://amzn.eu/d/goLB4sa
i fabricated it from a brass bar, it added about 9 grams. i wasn't able to open the valve pass 136Bar mark! and the spring was all the way in just a hair under the sear engagment to hold the hammer cocked.

no it can open it with ease at 149 bars, one and half a turn off the sear locking out. i even dialed it out more to shoot @140 Bar .218cal 28grn @1000 fps and .218cal 25.5grn@1030ish fps.
and the speeds were tight.

20240311_031305.jpg

Attachments

• IMG-20240311-WA0000.jpg
    IMG-20240311-WA0000.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG-20240311-WA0004.jpg
    IMG-20240311-WA0004.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG-20240311-WA0005.jpg
    IMG-20240311-WA0005.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 1
i fabricated it from a brass bar, it added about 9 grams. i wasn't able to open the valve pass 136Bar mark! and the spring was all the way in just a hair under the sear engagment to hold the hammer cocked.

no it can open it with ease at 149 bars, one and half a turn off the sear locking out. i even dialed it out more to shoot @140 Bar .218cal 28grn @1000 fps and .218cal 25.5grn@1030ish fps.
and the speeds were tight.

View attachment 444691
How was accuracy? I'd definitely give the H&N HP2 30rg a go. They were amazing & devastating when they hit.

20240224_223139(0).jpg

20240224_223044.jpg

• Love
How was accuracy? I'd definitely give the H&N HP2 30rg a go. They were amazing & devastating when they hit.

View attachment 444701

View attachment 444702

i didn't check yet. but felt really good about the speeds and spreads. seems promising 😅 i still have a long way to go!
if you check the threads i mentioned before, you would see how the old accurcy was and some of the issues i faced.
at the begining, i tried NSA, ZAN, JSB K.O. and H&N various sizes and calibers and the only ones that worked good were the ZANs .219 28grns and not that good! then found the wiered spots in the barrel and the list went on from there, 😅
i had a mild stroke before Xmas.. so i stepped back a little and just started messing with it again. 😅🤞

those H&N did good! 👍😍

Last edited:
Reactions: DrSeagram
i didn't check yet. but felt really good about the speeds and spreads. seems promising 😅 i still have a long way to go!
if you check the threads i mentioned before, you would see how the old accurcy was and some of the issues i faced.
at the begining, i tried NSA, ZAN, JSB K.O. and H&N various sizes and calibers and the only ones that worked good were the ZANs .219 28grns and not that good! then found the wiered spots in the barrel and the list went on from there, 😅
i had a mild stroke before Xmas.. so i stepped back a little and just started messing with it again. 😅🤞

those H&N did good! 👍😍
I hope your recovering well from your stroke, keep me updated on the progress with your Krait 😊

P.S. I did polish my barrel with bore paste.