• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

AirMaks KRAiT X Review - BY SHOOTING IT IN A MATCH! (Video inside)

Who else do you know that goes and shoots a match, films it, edits that film, and publishes it all in the same day? 😎
I'm just gonna say it - no other airgun channel works harder for you guys than I do! 😇

Anyway here is me shooting a whole match with the Airmaks Krait X and then giving you my thoughts on it.

Video:

Are the stages shot at the same time with shooters spread across the stage, or is it one stage at a time?
You break into squads of like 4-6 dudes, then each squad moves through the stages together in order to keep everything moving and avoid causing a giant traffic jam like if everyone were to wait to shoot one stage. So you have usually 3 or 4 squads starting at 3 or 4 stages and rotating through until they've completed all stages.

Reactions: Raider03
You break into squads of like 4-6 dudes, then each squad moves through the stages together in order to keep everything moving and avoid causing a giant traffic jam like if everyone were to wait to shoot one stage. So you have usually 3 or 4 squads starting at 3 or 4 stages and rotating through until they've completed all stages.
Yeah, it’s like that usually for the small local competitions. For the larger Regional or National type events there may be up to ten shooters per stage with 8 to 12 stages. Anywhere from 10 to 12 shots from 1 to 10 different positions in 90 to 120 seconds. NRL-22 is 20 to 100 yards, and NRL-22X is up to 300+ yards. Makes for a long day.

Here is my idea for an NRL22/PRS suitable Krait X. I do believe this platform has the DNA to perform, but a few modifications could make it actually viable for positional competition. Other than the modifications below, I would also GET RID OF THE DAMN FILL PROBE and thread in an actual proper fill nipple with a 1 way valve... This would get rid of the dust-collecting hole in the gun and reduce machining time (costs).

Here is what I came up with:

1706651673182.png

I did send this over to Airmaks and pitched the idea of doing an "Air Shootist" edition Krait X (I know.... I know...) 😁

Thoughts on the above design?

no notes, sign me up. Well, one note: Get rid of the high pic rail and machine a 30moa pic rail onto the receiver. And make sure the hand guard is stout enough for 4-5 pounds of weight. So two notes. But other than those, no notes.
I thought about that but you would need to drop the whole action to get a proper cheek weld. Nothing you can really do about that. You actually need the high pic rail for this gun

Yeah, that new-fangled rap music will never take off. I remember being completely offended by that song on my way to basic training 35 years ago. I thought to myself "You know, if some guy uses this dang blasted song in three and a half decades as the background for a video about shooting, I'm going to yell at the whippersnapper to get off of my lawn, pull his pants up and get a hair cut!" I don't understand the nerve of this younger generation that thinks they can just make videos however they want without any direction from the greatest generation! I will not be sending you any more money, and I'm definitely unfriending you the next time I get on Facebook to find out with the shadow government is up to! Good day, sir.

I said Good Day!

Thanks for the video but next time ditch the rap music please because it was super annoying.

Sorry about your taste in music. De La Soul is classic! Nobody is forcing you to watch anything online that you don't want to watch. ✌️

NEXT TIME IM GONNA HIP HOP EVEN HARDER

Last edited:
Just responded to an email from the Airmaks designer with a lengthy description of everything I'd do to the Krait to make it a positional match slayer.... This could possibly become a reality:

1707189383970.png

I'm going to work as hard as I can for this community to see that it does. Having more guns from different manufacturers available for positional (PRS/NRL22) style shooting is an overall benefit to the sport. Consumers having more choices encourages manufacturers to keep producing better and better stuff. We all win.

Reactions: woogie_man