AirMaks Krait owners speak up

Have the .22 X model V2 Reg, pressures have been holding for a week. Unable to locate my magnetospeed chrono so haven't shot it yet. Removed the ADF, as they added the video to youtube and instructions on the web site. Am looking at installing a Ninja flex adjustable regulator or RTI regulator but think RTI had a few problems too. (Reason why I grabbed a KraitX and not a Prophet2 Performance.)

Reactions: Mike_Lenardon

There is quite a bit of krait chatter on the uk forum. Updates for the bad regs and new upgraded add-ons.
cant be many in the UK . law of under 12 ft. lbs unless a fire arms license is obtained .

Tengo un Krait desde hace meses, lo compre sabiendo que el regulador no funcionaba, ya he modificado tres de ellos y funcionan perfectamente, ahora solo me queda hacer una prueba reemplazando el POM original por un POM compuesto de grafeno asi que que la deformación en la zona de contacto con el eje metálico es mínima y tiene un flujo cero más rápido.

20221011_124436.jpg

20221014_135139.jpg

Reactions: AirShootist
This is something they should try for their next version reg. I guess it would be a V4 or V5 by now. This is a true poppet approach. But that Delrin seat is going to need to be made out of Peek for the 300b filling guys. Making that cut on the soft white seat did not leave a lot of meat on the bone for the pressures that reg is going to see.

Last edited:
This is something they should try for their next version reg. I guess it would be a V4 or V5 by now. This is a true poppet approach.
Man I can't wait for the V27 reg to come out! 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣

The likely solution, which I already mentioned to Airmaks, would probably be to have that delrin area removed and replaced by just solid metal with a machined / ground lip on it that seals up to a cup seal on the actual pin itself. Anyway, it will be interesting to see what they come up with, if anything.

I told them I'd delete my bad reviews if they take care of my cousin's gun and make it actually work. Ball is in their court on that one! Until then, I ain't deletin' nothin'.

....Shame too, because if we had just waited a little bit, my cousin could have gotten the new FX Panthera for a few hundred bucks more and would have a great shooting gun with zero issues right out of the box (not to mention superior customer service, if needed)...

Update: Konstantine over there told my cousin he will no longer help or honor the warranty because I "blackmailed" him.
Apparently in the Airmaks HQ the word "blackmail" is defined as: "to put out a bad review for a bad product if the company will not fix the issue with their bad product after several attempts"

🤡 🤡 🤡

Maybe I'll make a few more negative videos, with interviews of other owners of this garbage airgun....

Anyway, we are stuck with it now unless my cousin can convince Krale to take it back (not likely). So we will try to polish the sealing surfaces and possibly get a machinist to make a correct sealing surface for the reg. What an AMAZING VALUE for $1700!!! 🤣🤣🤣

Good job, Nono, but imagine having to modify a $1700 gun to make it actually work.

The Krait is complete garbage and I'm standing by that opinion (fact).
For what I understand they have done so.
I got my Krait a month ago from a factory reg replacement and after more than 4.000 shots the reg works great, or at least the chrono says so. There are no more shots that lose speed due to having given the plenum "extra" time to fill up, nor does what was happening to me happen to me, that as the pressure in the tank decreased, the speed increased little by little.
I was told my gun had the new reg and now is shooting great, with constant numbers from 250 BAR fill down to 110 BAR, and man, that CZ barrell is just awesome. I hope the saddle will last many many shots, but it is always good to have alternatives such that one from HUMA.

Man I can't wait for the V27 reg to come out! 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣

The likely solution, which I already mentioned to Airmaks, would probably be to have that delrin area removed and replaced by just solid metal with a machined / ground lip on it that seals up to a cup seal on the actual pin itself. Anyway, it will be interesting to see what they come up with, if anything.

I told them I'd delete my bad reviews if they take care of my cousin's gun and make it actually work. Ball is in their court on that one! Until then, I ain't deletin' nothin'.

....Shame too, because if we had just waited a little bit, my cousin could have gotten the new FX Panthera for a few hundred bucks more and would have a great shooting gun with zero issues right out of the box (not to mention superior customer service, if needed)...
I do not know if there is just one single gun of FX that has had not issues at all..... do you?

Reactions: Bullysyclone

There is quite a bit of krait chatter on the uk forum. Updates for the bad regs and new upgraded add-ons.
under 12 fp doesnt have the same problems , i dont think the UK has a dog in the hunt

I do not know if there is just one single gun of FX that has had not issues at all..... do you?
Yes. My .22 FX Maverick has been flawless since day one. As is my buddy's. And my brother-in-law's.

Comparing Airmaks to FX is like comparing a 1978 Yugo to a 2023 Mercedes. Not even close to being in the same class whatsoever.

Airmaks, with their high-end pricetag and completely lackluster performance - is like the ugly / smelly girl of the airgun world who slaps on a ton of makeup & perfume to try and fit in with the pretty / popular girls. The real ones see right through it. The Krait is a complete POS.

• Haha
Reactions: joelayfield