• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

AirMaks Krait Air bros review SA

Finally something on the Krait guns.
What is the barrel rifling type?
1maxresdefault.jpg
11664861538088.jpg

Here's another video for ya. Moral of the story: This gun SUCKS. The reg is awful. I was sent 3 different versions and they all crept horribly. Airmaks is charging their customers to be a test bed. This whole gun release is just a fiasco. And their customer service is terrible. Never again will I recommend Airmaks Arms.
WRONG...!! FAR from garbage. Maybe...it the trigger puller...tinkering a bit too much ?

Mine works perfectly well !
I wrote what the cylinder pressure and the regulator pressure was and put my short Krait up. I got it outta the safe Tuesday last, after about four or five weeks of sitting...the cylinder is as close as can be seen, and the regulator pressure was within 2.5 bar...basically...nothing !!!

Mike

I have been looking for something airgun related recently. Just this morning I'm looking at the AirMaks/Krait guns and wondering if this line of airguns commands the price they are getting for them.

Is this line a quality brand and proven? I haven't seen or heard much on them but I haven't looked seriously into them. Just based on the $$$ I am shying away from even considering one.

I had a .25 Krait L. It absolutely was not worth the money. It had some really nice things about it and if I didn’t have some really good .22’s that definitely are worth what I paid for them, I would definitely try a Krait in .22. The .25 is just a limp noodle power wise compared to literally every gun on the market priced under or slightly above it.

Heard and watched enough bad about these to avoid 110%. Other than an excuse (trying something new) why take the chance when basically this gun is offered in iterations that are proven reliable?
my excuse might be original! i got it because i like to chase my tail on problems like that! 😅🤷‍♂️
some times it shoots like a laser! and as soon as i feed the second mag in it, it shoots like a goat sneeze! all over the place! i designed my own suppressor and it helped tighten the group a little. but still working on what is the best slugs for it.
on other note, i'm thinking of the way the barrle is held in the action, and those screws need some fine tuning! i don't know.. still to be discovered!

my excuse might be original! i got it because i like to chase my tail on problems like that! 😅🤷‍♂️
some times it shoots like a laser! and as soon as i feed the second mag in it, it shoots like a goat sneeze! all over the place! i designed my own suppressor and it helped tighten the group a little. but still working on what is the best slugs for it.
on other note, i'm thinking of the way the barrle is held in the action, and those screws need some fine tuning! i don't know.. still to be discovered!
There is absolutely nothing wrong with how the barrel is affixed to the chassis of a Krait. That was one of the things I liked. You need to watch your speed constantly when dialing in your gun. You might see something that will explain when the gun shoots bad. When your gun is being a rainbow trajectory laser, just reload that mag and keep shooting to rule out a bad mag. Keep your barrel clean with slugs. Maybe every 100 shots. See if a pattern happens. Without ever finding consistent accuracy, it’s really difficult to know when to clean due to accuracy degradation. But mainly right now, if your guns speed is consistent from fill to refill, you just haven’t found the right bullet. The wrong ones are just teasing you and wasting your time.

Reactions: Fire012
There is absolutely nothing wrong with how the barrel is affixed to the chassis of a Krait. That was one of the things I liked. You need to watch your speed constantly when dialing in your gun. You might see something that will explain when the gun shoots bad. When your gun is being a rainbow trajectory laser, just reload that mag and keep shooting to rule out a bad mag. Keep your barrel clean with slugs. Maybe every 100 shots. See if a pattern happens. Without ever finding consistent accuracy, it’s really difficult to know when to clean due to accuracy degradation. But mainly right now, if your guns speed is consistent from fill to refill, you just haven’t found the right bullet. The wrong ones are just teasing you and wasting your time.
i can't agree more with you on "wrong ones are teasing me!" 😅👍 .. as of now my reg pressure is set to about 130Bar and it shoots ZANs 23grn @high 950's and the 25.5grs @lower 950's around 6 fps deviation. the gun it self is still new tbh. i cleaned it when i switched from JSB pellets to slugs and when i first got it right out of the box. it still didn't pass 500 shots so i think it still in break-in phase. And about the mag i have only one that came with it and a single shot tray, so when i said "loading the second mag" i meant reloading it. 😅
I would take your word about the barrle and won't touch it. but i'm thinking about polishing it to smooth out any imprefection on the rifling, what do you think about that?

see the attached picture and i hope the writing is visible tho! i was shooting leaning on my car with one point to support the rifle, so it isn't the best thing about its accuracy and the distance was 52meters i guess about 55yrds.
20230713_032848.jpg
i need to do more testing on long ranges. i removed the moderator on group #2 "no sup" all of those groups are 16 shoots each.

Yeah, things aren’t looking too good. Not even hopeful. But one thing to consider that might give you hope is how you are supporting the gun for testing. It takes forever and a day for a bullet to leave the muzzle of an airgun compared to a real rifle. So for testing purposes, you should have the gun supported well. Once you find something that shoots great, then you can perfect your technique shooting with random means of support. As far as the whole barrel polishing thing goes, the right combo of bullet, reg pressure and hammer spring will shoot just fine out of a stock barrel or a pimped one. The pimped barrel could possibly go longer between cleanings and be easier to clean. Another thing I would like to add is about how sensitive the Krait is to tune once you start jacking around with the reg pressure. When I had my Krait, once I found the settings that shot pellets well, the last thing I was ever going to do was play the slug game. Unless you have lottery kinda luck and find a slug that shoots on your pellet settings, you are going to be playing with the reg and hammer spring a lot. That is something that just aggravated the heck out of my gun. So it went down the road. In the end you might have an awesome pellet gun so just leave it on those JSB’s. Then buy a gun with a better rep for adjustability and a more successful reputation for slugs.

Yeah, things aren’t looking too good. Not even hopeful. But one thing to consider that might give you hope is how you are supporting the gun for testing. It takes forever and a day for a bullet to leave the muzzle of an airgun compared to a real rifle. So for testing purposes, you should have the gun supported well. Once you find something that shoots great, then you can perfect your technique shooting with random means of support. As far as the whole barrel polishing thing goes, the right combo of bullet, reg pressure and hammer spring will shoot just fine out of a stock barrel or a pimped one. The pimped barrel could possibly go longer between cleanings and be easier to clean. Another thing I would like to add is about how sensitive the Krait is to tune once you start jacking around with the reg pressure. When I had my Krait, once I found the settings that shot pellets well, the last thing I was ever going to do was play the slug game. Unless you have lottery kinda luck and find a slug that shoots on your pellet settings, you are going to be playing with the reg and hammer spring a lot. That is something that just aggravated the heck out of my gun. So it went down the road. In the end you might have an awesome pellet gun so just leave it on those JSB’s. Then buy a gun with a better rep for adjustability and a more successful reputation for slugs.
yup the chase continues! 🤣 before i get it i was thinking about Fx M3 but the way Fx goes, i didn't like to be honest! "i know i will get so much heat for what i'm about to say!" but it is what it is! 🤷‍♂️
Fx and its wobbly chasie and all the after market stuff that i need to shoot each brand of pellet will burn a hole in anyones pocket! eventually i will give up and get one! but the way they are heading, i just simply don't like! i know fishing for the ultimate gun to shoot both pellets and slugs, is like finding the holly grail!