• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Airmaks Katran - Update - Continues to Impress Me

I made a bag rider for my Katran before their bag rider was available. Made it out of shrink wrapped 1/2" soft steel bar and bent it in the shape of the Saber tactical bag rider made for the FX Impact. Works great except I can no longer fold the stock. I'm curious how well the Katran one works.

KatranBagRider.1625204105.jpg

Will let you know. I will admit that I don't really fold the stock much, so one like you made (nice job BTW) would have worked fine for me. But the one directly from AirMaks should just give me that little bit more stabilization at the rear end of the gun. Which I'm hoping will allow me to better do my part, and thereby allow the gun to show its true accuracy.

Airmaks does make a Monopod & Bag Rider for the Katran

https://utahairguns.com/airmaks-katran-monopod-bag-rider/

Thank you for this information. And as far as airgun accessories go, it is even 'reasonably' priced.

One ordered from UA, and +1 accuracy point for you!

I also found good accessory for Katran specially if you live out in the desert where its dusty like me found it on this website and ordered two: 

https://www.balistas.com/air-rifles/spare-parts-for-air-rifles/airmaks-katran-filling-port-plug/

Capture.1625248981.PNG

I made a bag rider for my Katran before their bag rider was available. Made it out of shrink wrapped 1/2" soft steel bar and bent it in the shape of the Saber tactical bag rider made for the FX Impact. Works great except I can no longer fold the stock. I'm curious how well the Katran one works.

KatranBagRider.1625204105.jpg

is that 0db suppressor and do you take it off or did you buy bigger bag or case? I'm using the airmaks:

Capture2.1625249328.PNG

Very interesting gun , I looked it up on airmaks home site. These were the specs I saw 

compact - 280mm or 11" barrel , OAL 30.5"

standard - 400mm or 15.75" barrel , OAL 35.8"

long - 520mm or 20.4" barrel , OAL 40.5"

HP - 700mm or 27.5" barrel , OAL 47.6"

No where could I find power output for all the models , I'm sure they are good. However , the barrels have no additional support along it's entire length. Eastern europeans make generally strong ass guns , but can the long and hp models avoid barrel droop and POI shifts if bumped?

Very interesting gun , I looked it up on airmaks home site. These were the specs I saw 

compact - 280mm or 11" barrel , OAL 30.5"

standard - 400mm or 15.75" barrel , OAL 35.8"

long - 520mm or 20.4" barrel , OAL 40.5"

HP - 700mm or 27.5" barrel , OAL 47.6"

No where could I find power output for all the models , I'm sure they are good. However , the barrels have no additional support along it's entire length. Eastern europeans make generally strong ass guns , but can the long and hp models avoid barrel droop and POI shifts if bumped?

@rangur1 I do agree with you that the AirMaks Arms guns don't seem to be built as robust as their other Eastern Euro counterparts. However, at the same time the AMA guns average $300-$400 less than their brethren. Yet, AMA guns do appear to be very accurate.

On the durability side, and this is based off my conversations with owners, you can't bang them around like a Taipan, Edgun or Kalibgrun. The wood stock of the Caimens has weak points in the stock because of the wood being thinner in that part of the stock. Like several, I am confused why AMA didn't make a synthetic stock version of the Caimen vs all wood. If the Caimen did come with a synthetic stock, they for sure it would be more of a "banger".

This is an older thread but on my search engine it ranks. So I'll reply with a first impression just in my hands. Nothing further. 

I did not shoot the gun. However today I put my hands on a 25. This is apparently one of the more recent models and there is zero slop in the folding stock. This was mentioned somewhere previously and must have been fixed. The gun is very solid feeling. There nothing cheap about how it feels. 

The gun was a 25 short with the bottle. I dry fired it and it's supposed to be tuned in the low to mid 20ft lbs range. It wasn't very loud. I couldn't verify the tune but trust the person which showed me the gun. Thanks Blackpaw! 

What was also impressive was the very short throw or range of the lever action. It can obviously be operated with one finger. 

I've owned quite a few nice airguns and I have to say I'd consider buying the compact. But I'd like to try shooting it and look forward to more info available on the gun.