• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Airmaks katran owners - your opinions?

Hello katran owners , how are you guns performing? Since there are 8 configurations of this gun , compact , standard , long and xp/hp . all have either a tube or bottle version for 8 total. If you would be so kind , state which model / configuration so one can tell power and shot count differences for each respectively. I promise , many are curious to know!

thanks katran owners!

Katran C .22 came tuned at 22.3 ft. lbs. and gets about 45 usable shots. Out of box was shooting very nice for a week and several hundred shots. I'm now trying to diagnose a sudden loss in accuracy. I like the tube configuration, I just wish the keylock extended the full bottom of handguard to allow more mounting options. My folding stock is solid with no wiggle like some early reviews. Will post more when I get things sorted out.

My .22 Katran Compact(tube) came shooting 21.02 fpe for approximately 48 shots. It seems very pellet picky. Shooting with bipod off a bench, I was only able to get descent groups(3/4 inch at 25yards/1.5 inch at 50yards in light wind) with Hades and JSB 15.89, but had some poi shift and a few wild flyers.

I removed the bipod(used bag for front rest) and put a half turn on the hammer spring took the JSB 15.89 from 772 fps to 782 fps. This tightened the groups(.25 inch at 25 and 1 inch at 50yards) and eliminated the poi shift. Still get the occasional flyer tho. 

No slugs were very accurate. The best result were with 21g H&Ns or 20.2g NSAs(1 inch at 25 yard and 1.25 inch at 50yards)

The simple 16 round magazine was a bit slow to load, but seemed to function fine with no issues. The gun feels awesome in your hands with a palm swell grip and tactical style fore end. Light, but solid. Regular key lock attachments don't work well because there isn't enough space between the rail and the airtube, so you have to buy the ones from Airmaks. The fore end rail flexes a bit toward the tube under pressure, too.

Folding stock is the best I've ever held. Solid lock up with no flex or wiggle. One push on the button and it smooothly releases until it is magnetically locked in the folded position. Best part of the gun!

Without an aftermarket moderator, it sounds REALLY LOUD. DonnyFL Tanto, Tatsu or Hugget Astille quieted it down nicely.

I have had to work to get the accuracy I need, because I WANT to like it soo much.

Edit: Forgot to mention how AWESOME the trigger was. 1lb 1oz with a crisp break right outta the box.

Take a look at a review I did. It's on YouTube under the same user handle.

I did have to swap out the first generation standard tube version because it recently developed a problem with the regulator and it's only 6 months old. The good people At Utah air guns swapped out my rifle with no hassle. Now that's what I call great customer service. The rifle they swapped me out with is the compact version because the standard ones were out of stock. Overall I would say it is a good rifle for the money. It's not going to be as good as Daystate but it doesn't cost as much as one either. The new compact has some improvements over the original design but, my trigger doesn't have as good of sear engagement as the old one and I'm only getting 32 shots per fill. It's Pellet on Pellet accurate at 50 yards, at 100 yards I'm getting about a 1.5-2 inch group in perfect conditions. I need to do more tinkering before I decide if it's a keeper. I certainly prefer my Wildcat MK3 and Huntsman Revere over it.