• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

N/A Airmaks caiman.

What do you mean...? They've been available for at least a week now.
They have all calibers of both Caiman AND Caiman X !
And...they are the Mk2 models. They have a few nice updates over the original.

Here's just one -

Good luck

Mike

I was looking at that website… for everyday and was in contact with Utah for a while .. I missed out on that initial fire sale aa while back of the first gen.. was on there everyday… I stood corrected and informed by the gentleman above named Scotay 42… I got tired of looking .. I don’t live on Utah airguns website or this one for that matter … soo thanks .. that’s what i guess I “mean”…..

Mike, do you mean the upper stock isn't held by directional pins any more?

I ordered a Caiman X Saturday. Hope to have it by late this week. I did not see the X on the Utah website but when I searched using google for a Caiman X it gave me a link to that page on Utah's website. Maybe I missed something but I think they might not have the X on their home page.

I've been watching all the youtubes I can find and also saw the thread with a cure for the decreasing velocity versus fill pressure issue frequently reported. But the best disassembly information I found was that "fix" thread and Steve's review on AEAC. Steve managed to bust an upper stock driving the pins out the wrong way - so I'm interested in whether that has been addressed. I'll shoot it before changing much but plan to play with the trigger and hammer spring some. I'll only disassemble pretty completely if I find the velocity falls with fill pressure - i.e. ES is more than 20 fps from ~300 bar to the apparent regulator setting. Or if I decide I want a different velocity and the hammer spring alone doesn't get me there. This is my first "high end" PCP and I'm interested how much I can reduce velocity without having it affect the first shot velocity.

I also ordered an anshutz to picatinny adapter. Utah said they do not have one so I ordered from Optics Planet - purely because they were cheapest. Hope it works and I can shoot it from a bipod. I will probably have to make a spacer for the buttstock. I like a length of pull around 14.5 inches and most seem to be around an inch less. My Arken EPL-4 6-24 isn't on a gun at the moment so it will go on the Caiman when it arrives. First task will be to air it up and make sure it holds pressure.

Reactions: Nattboy
Mike, do you mean the upper stock isn't held by directional pins any more?

I ordered a Caiman X Saturday. Hope to have it by late this week. I did not see the X on the Utah website but when I searched using google for a Caiman X it gave me a link to that page on Utah's website. Maybe I missed something but I think they might not have the X on their home page.

I've been watching all the youtubes I can find and also saw the thread with a cure for the decreasing velocity versus fill pressure issue frequently reported. But the best disassembly information I found was that "fix" thread and Steve's review on AEAC. Steve managed to bust an upper stock driving the pins out the wrong way - so I'm interested in whether that has been addressed. I'll shoot it before changing much but plan to play with the trigger and hammer spring some. I'll only disassemble pretty completely if I find the velocity falls with fill pressure - i.e. ES is more than 20 fps from ~300 bar to the apparent regulator setting. Or if I decide I want a different velocity and the hammer spring alone doesn't get me there. This is my first "high end" PCP and I'm interested how much I can reduce velocity without having it affect the first shot velocity.

I also ordered an anshutz to picatinny adapter. Utah said they do not have one so I ordered from Optics Planet - purely because they were cheapest. Hope it works and I can shoot it from a bipod. I will probably have to make a spacer for the buttstock. I like a length of pull around 14.5 inches and most seem to be around an inch less. My Arken EPL-4 6-24 isn't on a gun at the moment so it will go on the Caiman when it arrives. First task will be to air it up and make sure it holds pressure.
Correct, the upper stock has no...pins / pin holes. Just two countersunk holes on the top for flathead screws. Don't tighten them too tightly.
It's a bullpup...made to be shot offhand !
The hammer spring is easy to adjust with, the stock in place. Just loosen the side allen screw, and adjust the hammer screw from the bottom of the stock, resnug the locking set screw.
If you feel the need to do anything deeper than that, then yeah, the stock will need to come off.

Mike

Thanks Mike. After I asked you I did some more searching and found a post by a "Marko" a "Supermember" on "AirGun Forums" which I think is based in the UK. He agreed with your input on the pins and also noted that the safety has moved from the back to above the trigger. I shoot from my left shoulder so unless it reverses it may not be much better for me. But my other guns have right hand safeties so it is fine. The shape of the shorter version has changed to be more like the "X". He also says the valve has been updated with an adjustable tensioner and shorter spring for less ping and the shroud extends further back - inside the stock for less noise. Overall the MK2 seems like good changes to me. But pretty small changes too. Some probably are excited about a Huma regulator but I've had good luck with regulators in my "cheap" guns and no experience with Huma. Seems likely the cause of the published decreasing velocity graphs is the lack of venting as has been suggested. I will test for that and do that mod if it seems to have that issue.

I haven't gotten a shipping notice yet from Utah but they check guns out before shipment so presumably that is what is going on. They are also several hours behind me.

Will one of you guys post some
Pics please …
"Pics" of what ?
The same guns that are in the web sites ?

One of mine...a bit different than on any website. Yes, it is a Caiman.

1711420391528.jpeg

Mike