• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

AirMaks Caiman X .25 so far

After 2 weeks and almost a thousand pellets, I really am enjoying the X. I mounted the Element Helix 6-24 x 50 FFP. It pretty much stacks pellets at 50 yds, which is as far as I’ve shot it so far. The gun is fairly light and has a great trigger for a bullpup. Mine came out of the box breaking at about 1.75 lb. It really likes JSB King Heavy 33.95gr best, although it doesn’t seem too pellet fussy. 
I really like it, but of course it isn’t perfect. 
I wish the pistol grip was a bit more vertical. The angle isn’t comfortable for me. YMMV. 
It is fitted with a factory moderator, but it’s definitely not quiet. Although I shoot in my back yard, I don’t think I’d call it back yard friendly. It seems really sturdily built, but when I shake it there’s a slight rattle which seems to be located near the safety switch. 
Lastly, the gun comes with a UIT rail on the front rather than a standard picatinny. I’m looking for an adapter so I can use my bipod. Not sure why AirMaks thought UIT was a good idea. 
Overall though, I’m really pleased with this hard hitting tack driver of an air rifle. I know it’s overkill to use a .25, but many starlings have met their demise for trespassing on my songbird feeders. 

I've got the short...er version, the Caiman in .22.

I find the grip angle fine, and I hate...the AK, AR grip angles (Maverick, Pulsar, Renegade, Prophet). I fixed the Maverick and the Prophet's grip. Seems not much available to fix the Daystate guns. I also like the more vertical grip. In the .22, the bark doesn't seem that bad, indoor shooting anyway. It's plenty ok. I just tried shaking mine to see if it had any rattles. I found that I need to shake it REALLY hard to make any noise. A horizontal shake, nothing, quiet. But a vertical shake I get a very light sound. Might be the trigger bar hitting its guide. On mine anyway, not concerned. I had the stock off back when I bought it to see what there was to see, and to lube the sliding / pivoting parts.. I didn't notice anything obviously loose.

Mine has the slot up front too. I shoot offhand, so I don't care about the slot. And again, offhand shooting, the grip is a plenty usable angle.

Definitely a step up from the Ataman BP17. The same designer had his hand in both guns. Seemed he learned well.

Mike

download.png

I just got mine but I have a problem whit the safety, trigger, I don't know if it is suppose to be like that it just seems dangerous 

When I cook the gun an press the safety in so it looks the trigger so far so good.

But when prees the safety pin back to unlock it I fires a shot only by pressing the safety pin!!!!!