AirKing .22 versus FWB Sport .177

I like doing these types of comparisons, hopefully the rest of you will get something out of it. The objective this time was to compare practical shooting results obtained from the recoil absorbing AirKing in .22 and the fixed action FWB Sport in .177. I have shot the AirKing a lot recently, finally settling on settings and pellet that seem to give the most consistent results. The FWB I have had for awhile now and I find it quite accurate, even in its stock configuration.

So here are the results, make of them what you will. Even with its recoil absorption system, I find the AirKing needs essentially the same care in shooting to get good results. As you can see, accuracy is about the same for the two guns, whether sitting or from the bench. And shift in POI going from sitting to bench is about the same too. If anything, the edge would go to the FWB, maybe due to it being .177 caliber instead of .22. But there is also a big difference in muzzle energy, 13.5 ft-lb for the FWB versus 20.5 ft-lb for the AirKing. With the recoil absorbing system, the AirKing is actually pleasant to shoot, and still delivers good accuracy in spite of the high power level. Which makes it a unique offering among spring powered airguns.

P8180199.jpg

Interesting!
I can't wait to get my sport back together!
Still waiting on Tom at Vortek to get back with me on the kit I want him to make!
He's been really busy and hobbling around on a broken ankle!
I'll have to do a comparison with one of my magnums when I get the sport up and running! Maybe my UK Tomahawk.

James from Michigan

Reactions: fishing43
Interesting!
I can't wait to get my sport back together!
Still waiting on Tom at Vortek to get back with me on the kit I want him to make!
He's been really busy and hobbling around on a broken ankle!
I'll have to do a comparison with one of my magnums when I get the sport up and running! Maybe my UK Tomahawk.

James from Michigan
If Vortek comes up with a seal for the new Sport, I should probably buy one just in case I need one down the road.