Airhunter Gerhard wins H&N Golden Achievement Award

For testing our slugs, we still mainly work with FX airguns with heavy liners. That is was Gerald also shoots in his competitions. We would be happy to have more choices.
For distances under 60-70 meters I would always recommend to use pellets anyway. Slugs can only exploit their advantages beyond this point.
Thanks a lot for your response !!!

Reactions: HN Sport
For testing our slugs, we still mainly work with FX airguns with heavy liners. That is was Gerald also shoots in his competitions. We would be happy to have more choices.
For distances under 60-70 meters I would always recommend to use pellets anyway. Slugs can only exploit their advantages beyond this point.
Oh, but the slugs make such a neat sound when they plow a bird at 50 yards going Mach chicken. 😁

Well deserved!
I have been shooting the .22 30grain HPII’s for a while now. They are the best shooting slug i’ve tried across all my barrels. Not to mention they make pests ‘pop’. I have taken squirrels, rabbits, etc at over 180-200yards.
Attached are two groups from just a few minutes ago at ~30yards & 985 FPS.

IMG_8284.jpeg

IMG_8286.jpeg

@HN Sport
I have Fx m3 heavy linear 700mm. I would like to buy 44gr for testing. Would .249 or .250 be appropriate? Now I have Javelin 44gr ~ 1000fps.
While the FX Heavy Liners in .22 usually prefer .218, unfortunately there is in our experience no clear preference in the .25 caliber for a diameter.

@HN Sport
All? You write that they are black because they are covered with a special layer. Its purpose is to prevent lead from remaining in the barrel. So where does the grease come from? I don't understand your process. Your slugs shoot very well, but I don't understand why you don't care about their condition.

View attachment 451554
All of those slugs look just fine, seems that some tims are older than others. You could easily wash the slugs and relube them if you wanted to, but the slugs are in great shape.

@HN Sport
All? You write that they are black because they are covered with a special layer. Its purpose is to prevent lead from remaining in the barrel. So where does the grease come from? I don't understand your process. Your slugs shoot very well, but I don't understand why you don't care about their condition.

View attachment 451554

Mr. Ponos,

with all respect, may I point out that you have 4 (four) posts to your credit on this forum.

➠ Yet you already choose to attack a major manufacturer who spends valuable resources in order to be listening to their customers (very few do like H&N does!).
It sure shows that H&N does indeed care.

I venture to say that a little less aggressive tone would be enjoyed by most forum users. 😊

Cheers,

Matthias

Mr. Ponos,

with all respect, may I point out that you have 4 (four) posts to your credit on this forum.

➠ Yet you already choose to attack a major manufacturer who spends valuable resources in order to be listening to their customers (very few do like H&N does!).
It sure shows that H&N does indeed care.

I venture to say that a little less aggressive tone would be enjoyed by most forum users. 😊

Cheers,

Matthias
Hello.
Am I attacking? I honestly asked if they were okay. The producer replied yes. Why? Would you shoot them in this condition? I don't think so. I don't want to pay for the product and wash it later. You buy, you pack, you go to shoot, but there's no way. It was enough to write, yes, something is wrong - please return it. So much.
Regards

@HN Sport

View attachment 451554
For obvious reasons, I cannot explain the details of our production process to you. I can only add that these white spots only appeared after the slugs spend some time in the tin. Becoming aware of this fact a year ago, we adjusted the lubrication and cleaning process.

Hello.
I understand perfectly. Problems happen. All I had to do was write and ask them to return it because it was defective. I meant confirmation for the seller.
Regards
We examined the two production batches you complained about again using the retention samples of these batches.

As in your pictures, there were few traces of the lubricant visible.

The shooting results on our 50m test shooting range are completely OK.
Weapon: FX Impact M2
Number of shots: 10
Diameter of shot group, measured outside: 26.63 mm and 23.99 mm

Both batches can therefore be used without restrictions.

240409_Complaint Slug HP 1.jpg
240409_Complaint Slug HP 2.jpg

We examined the two production batches you complained about again using the retention samples of these batches.

As in your pictures, there were few traces of the lubricant visible.

The shooting results on our 50m test shooting range are completely OK.
Weapon: FX Impact M2
Number of shots: 10
Diameter of shot group, measured outside: 26.63 mm and 23.99 mm

Both batches can therefore be used without restrictions.

View attachment 453883View attachment 453884

WOW.
Now,
● that kind of concern for customers — and
● that kind of care for product quality (after the seller got their money)....

➠ THAT is totally untypical for German companies....
(Ask me how I know.)
(I'm German.)

🟠 H&N, thanks for blazing the trail for the large projetile manufacturers (you know who you are!) — to show care for customers and product quality. 👍🏼

Matthias

Hello. Well, that's not exactly why I asked this question. I even have 2-year-old packages and they look nice. Reading other threads, you may come across other observations that it does have an impact. Even h&n's official statement that it is not a normal coating but they have already fixed it. A statement from this topic:
https://www.airgunnation.com/threads/do-these-look-ok.1284796/

A year has passed and the coating still has a coating, so I asked if it was normal. I don't want to buy a spare for the summer just to have it sit around. I still have some of the old ones left, so I'll test them in my free time and share the results. Regards

Below are some other threads.