Airguns you DON'T regret buying.

Wow - some really nice rifles here.

I wanted to add my EdGun Leshiy 2 to the mix here. I've had mine since the first US run in August 2020 in so many shapes and forms they are too numerous to catalog. It's always been my tinker gun. Probably has never had the same tune for more than a month. I'd call it 95% reliable as it's a powerful semi-auto and has eaten some of its parts over time. It runs from 20 fpe to 100+ fpe depending on my mood. It's been run with red dots, LPVOs and higher power scopes. Fun factor is off the charts.

Too many obvious answers here. No one ever really regrets giving high priced quality a shot. Here is another take, that might be laughed at and dismissed, or not believed by some, the first generation Umarex Gauntlet. My Gauntlet has never, since 2018, lost zero or air and has always been first shot accurate, even after sitting for a few months over the years. I have about 20,000 shots through it and only had one failure, which was a sear spring that I tweaked taking off. I am really happy for all the members here who spent big money, and don't regret it, for reliable accurate guns, but I am ecstatic that I didn't have to. I like to tinker and I have gotten every airgun I bought to shoot, I don't really regret any of them. I regret not sticking with PCPs the first time I tried them 30+ years ago, but that's about it. Best hobby ever.

Truer words have never been spoken. I'll usually know within a few hours of scoping an airgun if it's a keeper. Sometimes it'll take a week or two.
I usually try to force myself to like them and work around what I didn't like but they end up sitting in the safe then get sold... usually at a loss which sucks but that's how we learn.

Reactions: greg1978
Too many obvious answers here. No one ever really regrets giving high priced quality a shot. Here is another take, that might be laughed at and dismissed, or not believed by some, the first generation Umarex Gauntlet. My Gauntlet has never, since 2018, lost zero or air and has always been first shot accurate, even after sitting for a few months over the years. I have about 20,000 shots through it and only had one failure, which was a sear spring that I tweaked taking off. I am really happy for all the members here who spent big money, and don't regret it, for reliable accurate guns, but I am ecstatic that I didn't have to. I like to tinker and I have gotten every airgun I bought to shoot, I don't really regret any of them. I regret not sticking with PCPs the first time I tried them 30+ years ago, but that's about it. Best hobby ever.
I don't want to go OT here, but I find your remarks a little condescending. I did state in my OP to NOT bash on brand or cost. That out of the way - I have plenty of lower cost pistols and rifles I don't regret purchasing, and plenty I do. I've also had plenty of very expensive airguns I regretted purchasing. Higher cost does not preclude regret in any form, nor does price dictate an airguns quality.

Reactions: PumaCarl
I am so blessed to own these.
357 Slayer
30 Evol
45 Bushbuck

20221206_165556.jpg

Reactions: mercado and Perle
I don't want to go OT here, but I find your remarks a little condescending. I did state in my OP to NOT bash on brand or cost. That out of the way - I have plenty of lower cost pistols and rifles I don't regret purchasing, and plenty I do. I've also had plenty of very expensive airguns I regretted purchasing. Higher cost does not preclude regret in any form, nor does price dictate an airguns quality.
Tone is hard to convey at times and I don't always edit myself well, point taken.

Reactions: Perle
Taipan Veteran, Prophet Performance LR & Compact and most of all the lowly inexpensive AV Avenger.

The Avenger is one rifle that makes me pause every time I shoot it. I don’t know if I won the ferry dust barrel lottery or what but this rifle has kicked a LOT of rifles out of my ever evolving collection. It is so darn accurate it never ceases to amaze me. Sure the fit, finish, materials and machining aren't top tier but when it comes to hole in hole accuracy it just makes me smile and shake my head. It’s one rifle that I doubt I’ll ever let go of.

My airgun purchases have all turned out well. No regrets with any of the 4 I currently own. Each has satisfied its intended purpose and the quality of each is in line with the spend. But I researched quite a long time before settling on a particular gun each time. If there is any question in my mind about whether I will like a gun, I won't buy. So far, that has worked out for me.