• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Tuning airguns with fx barrels and liners

I have a stx liner on one of my rapids, i am not sure how long it will stay, I can’t say it’s any better than the original LW barrel, It is much lighter but also less stiff even though it’s got several layers of carbon tube.

EAFAB598-FC04-4C97-8183-A8DBEFB1BE4E.1605001347.jpeg

Bb

I assume these aren’t drop-ins, some machining required? Sounds like it may be easier on some guns than others?

Correct. I had to make a brass thimble that matched the OEM barrel with leade, breech oring and transfer port plus made a threaded end for the muzzle. Both .001" undersize of the liner. Add three evenly spaced bushings along the liner then heated and press fitted the two ends with a length of carbon fiber tube in between. Made for a very stiff barrel that simply goes in place of the factory one. 

I’m currently in the process of converting my 30 cal Hercules Bully to accept a 600 barrel and a slug A liner in 30 cal.

with all the corrections to the scope rail I did 3 years ago and the addition of the bottle to shroud clamp, this is the last loose end I have left on the quest for better accuracy.

the biggest one thing I like about the Bully is the 30 cal polymags fit just about perfect in the 10 round mags. And if I choose slugs later on it’ll be ready for them