Airguns vs. Bison? | American Airgunner TV

Cows.( brought over from Europe) were likley the biggest player in the demise of the american bison. Their lack of immunity to various diseases the cows carried is likley the main reason for their rapid loss of numbers. Do the math and its clear shooting from trains and market hunting alone could not cause such a crash in the time frame it happened in.

Its a shame because bison meat is some dang good stuff, as good and often better than many strains of beef.

It was more than just trainloads of 45/70 Sharps toting thrill hunters although they surely took their toll. Professional hunters were numerous and voracious. By the turn of the 19th Century they had not only decimated the buffaloes but also the HUGE herds of elk the grazed side by side with them. Nothing was safe and there were no hunting regulations. It was until after WW1 that they began to require hunting licenses and they used the funds collected to bring back a number species. Buffaloes are just so damn strong and ornery they are difficult at best to contain so they don't fit well in our current land use scheme. 

Hey @ Crosman999,

YOu're right...hard to be the most powerful gun in production if it's not being produced! Listen, I know you guys are frustrated with The Hammer and you're sick of seeing hunts, but COME ON...when it does come out, you'll know exactly what you can do with it.

Don't get confused though….ALL the hunts you see with the Hammer come from the 2018 season, which was OWNED BY UMAREX! It was their show then…100%…owned and operated by UX. So it's only THIS season in 2019 that I was able to get control from UX and start bringing on ALL different sponsors to cover the ENTIRE Airgun world. WE are doing our best to bring you guys as much Airgun content, hunts, competitions, stories and entertainment to you guys as we can. So, sit back and enjoy the show...when it's available...we'll all get to enjoy it.

It's a different show now and I can assure you things will be bigger, better and a lot more fun!

@Radan1942...as far as this goes...

American airgunner makes me want to cut myself and wear trenchcoats but other than that hes cool. He should lay off the coffee for real tho. His enthusiasm is like a 13 year old at a moby concert 24 hrs a day. If his voice goes up 1 more octave um going to lose it.

...I'm thinking you should probably lay off the Moby concerts.(typing in very high octave)

Rossi