• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Airguns That You Broke, Received Broken, or Just Broke and You Never Fixed

Is the air leaking around a fill probe or does it just not go into the gun? My SPA fill probes leak sometimes but a little silicone grease on the O-rings of the fill probe normally fix that. (The Caiman probe is noticably better made and has not been an issue at all so far) If the gun just won't take air it may be the O-ring that acts as a one way valve. I am assuming that is what your gun may have. On my P35s this O-ring has to be replaced on several guns but that is super easy once the gun is degassed and the big nut is off the end of the airtube. Regardless on how your gun does the one way valve for filling it is likely the issue if it won't take air.

Is the air leaking around a fill probe or does it just not go into the gun? My SPA fill probes leak sometimes but a little silicone grease on the O-rings of the fill probe normally fix that. (The Caiman probe is noticably better made and has not been an issue at all so far) If the gun just won't take air it may be the O-ring that acts as a one way valve. I am assuming that is what your gun may have. On my P35s this O-ring has to be replaced on several guns but that is super easy once the gun is degassed and the big nut is off the end of the airtube. Regardless on how your gun does the one way valve for filling it is likely the issue if it won't take air.
I checked all of those things. It won't let the air in. I have the almost exact copy that Wes used to sell and tried exchanging parts and that didn't help either. I have repaired several other guns including 2 Brococks for filler problems and this is a different setup altogether. There is a ball bearing and a bronze bead filter type thing to slow the fill.

I got an old Crosman 101 from my father when I was 14. Having been used in a saltwater environment (Curaçao) and never being cared for it was in rough shape.

I gave it an overhaul and used it extensively for a couple of years repairing parts and replacing seals as needed. After many thousands of shots, the 101 was put aside while I went on to rimfires, centerfires and a FWB 124.

Since I'm retired and have rediscovered airguns, I overhauled the Crosman 101 again and got it shooting, sorta. I've had to face the fact, with all the moving parts being so rattly-loose, that the old pumper is totally worn out.

I won't say that I've given up on the Crosman 101, it just deserves to rest quietly. I take it out once in a while, knock over a couple of cans and reminisce over all the great hunts we had.

My first "real" gun, my 60 year old Slavia 618 has been refinished, respringed and resealed as well. It also gets regular love and attention.

What a contrast these old guns are when compared to my modern PCPs. I enjoy them all!

Cheers!

Reactions: Dairyboy