• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Brocock/BRK Airguns that are an upgrade from my Brocock Sniper HP

Looking for thoughts and advice on what airguns would be an upgrade from my Brocock Sniper HP. I have a few nice airguns that are excellent from 50 yards and in already. I do occasionally like to shoot out to 100 yards. My Sniper HP shoots 25.39 MRD's around 885 fps. I primarily shoot pellets, but slugs are fun to play around with, but not essential. I think I may be able to get something a bit better(faster for sure, more accurate???). Accuracy and reliability/simplicity are key.

What I would be looking for would be .22 caliber, no electronic guns and nothing semi/full auto. I'd like some adjustability on power level and would primarily be shooting from a bench or rest, but on occasion would use it to dispatch nuisance critters. I'd like to stay away from FX and the infinitely adjustability that comes with them. My max price point would be $2,500.

Some of the guns I've read about and think might be contenders to replace the Sniper HP are:
  1. Brocock Ghost
  2. RAW
  3. Uragan
  4. RTI P-3
Thoughts on these or any other I'm missing would be appreciated. Would any of these be enough of an upgrade for me to sell my Sniper HP?

20201011_113437.jpg

👻 definitely!! I have a 177hp and 25 hp and a hp 22 barrel. Shot ft and hp ft Saturday and today put on the 22 barrel to test some new pellets. They just shoot great! 25 mrds at 970. Under 2” groups with 6-8 mph wind!
I agree, keep it in the family… I would choose the Ghost. You are already privy to the BRKs quality and performance level… Good luck!

Your list is probably as good as it gets! I have had Brococks, exceptional builds (Ghost would be a step up in power), RTI are similar to the Ghost in power, Urugan's are also well built and powerful, RAW is similar to all the above and I have one in .22 I almost shoot daily, build is as good as it gets, shoots both pellets and slugs with the same accuracy if I do my part with an exceptional trigger. The biggest upside to a RAW is when I need it serviced or have a question, I call or send it to the maker, Martin in TN. Martin will build one to your wants/needs and specs. All the guns on your list shoot both pellets and slugs very well. Another one I would add is a Taipan Vet 2 bottle, great builds with now a non choked CZ barrel in 700mm. Have fun researching and purchasing!

The list is pretty much in order of how I'm ranking them from my likes and what I've read. Taipan and AGT Vet fell just short, but I could be convinced on adding either. The Ghost would be fantastic, but at the top end of my budget. The raw is the style I prefer most and probably best for bench shooting. I read so many good things about the Uragan and RTI and they're both substantially less expensive than the Ghost or RAW. I assume any of these should shoot pretty well right out of the box without mods or extra tuning???

Reactions: BABz58