Airguns, Tensioned Barrels and Slugs

Spent the day over at American Air Arms facility with Tom Costan. I asked him to show some history of the tensioned barrel systems as well as how they apply to Airguns. It was a great time spent and hope some might learn a few things from this video documentation.

Very informative video. Great shooting, thanks for sharing.

Reactions: Removed
Gotta love Tom Costan. No gimmicks, no hype, no nonsense just facts. Really enjoyed learning about the advantages of aluminum vs carbon fiber shrouds and how he uses fine threads for added strength. Before watching your vids on American Air Arms I thought they were over priced. But after watching and knowing all that goes into R&D and materials used they are well worth the money.

Yeah something like that, it's just another offspring.
Thanks for the video Dana, good info from Tom and excellent video quality and editing.
Tom and his shooting team were at EBR shooting that .223 at the big bore range where Team Centercut was with all the AoA demo guns. Some of us got to shoot it and it was a really good shooting rifle. They were still in the testing phase at that time, so maybe we’ll see that option in the future.

Reactions: Peskådot671
I'd like that LED Target in the Video!
I'd buy one or more of those!
www.magnetospeed.com T1000 I think. Although they seem pricey they are extremely well built. and good for all seasons. This particular example has been on my hillside for several years. It has survived though freezing winters, 100+ summers with ample snow and rain.

Thanks again for dishing up the best AAA information on the web.

Presenting facts supported by testing, and from the very person who designed and tested the platform.

I bought my first one after wearing the play button out on your hunting vids, and quickly learned that the AAA Kool-aid leaves no after taste!
No remorse, no regret, I don't care what I spent............