AIRGUNS STOLEN IN TRANSIT

The OP started it with an advertisement designed to draw attention to their product. You guys think this is really a stolen airgun report in industry news?
A used car dealer in my area use to do this with a temp tag on every car he sold that said "Stolen from Charlie's used cars."
There was a business owner here who every spring would soap up the store windows and put “ Going Out for Business sale “ lol!
It would work every single year, except for those who realized the play on words.

• Haha
Reactions: JaceSpace1369
All that's required is an adult signature.
Yeah, during covid fiasco Fedex delivered an air rifle and hid it behind my grill on patio. No note on door or anything to advise where it was. AND it was ADULT SIGNATURE REQUIRED. I got a Fedex text that package was delivered. Called home and wife saw nothing. I ripped Fedex a new A hole. Driver shows up next day to see if I found it. I said yeah, it was stuffed behind gas grill. That was nice but could have left note on door or included that info on the text notification.
I asked what’s the deal with forging my signature? He said during covid Fedex told drivers to just sign for the recipient. They charge extra for signature and sign themselves. Brilliant.

Reactions: Bandito
Why do a lot of people assume the worst in others ?
For a Fact : a friend of mine was a UPS driver , he noticed a car following him , first he thought it was the company security, but he realized it was thieves .
called dispatch and soon police showed up and caught the thieves with 14 package's in their car .

Why do a lot of people assume the worst in others ?
For a Fact : a friend of mine was a UPS driver , he noticed a car following him , first he thought it was the company security, but he realized it was thieves .
called dispatch and soon police showed up and caught the thieves with 14 package's in their car .
Nice. UPS drops off, they pick up.
Reminds me of Click and Clack the Tappet Brothers “Car Talk” radio show. The had a comical advertiser named Anpeekupandropoff, Russian limo service. (Pronounced: And-pick up-and drop off) with Russian accent. 😂😂

Reactions: scottblair
All that's required is an adult signature.
You would think! Package sent to customer and delivered per his request to a UPS store, signuture required. It was signed for (proof of signature). When customer got the package home he noticed different tape on one end. He open the package and apparently nothing in the box. Orange .357 with a 35'' barrel. Serial number 743.

You would think! Package sent to customer and delivered per his request to a UPS store, signuture required. It was signed for (proof of signature). When customer got the package home he noticed different tape on one end. He open the package and apparently nothing in the box. Orange .357 with a 35'' barrel. Serial number 743.
I thought this was an advertising scheme. It does look like one having no details like location or date.

Last edited:
Yeah, to all those that commented that this was some type of hoax and just another sales ad I contacted Skout and there truly was thievery in the works. I hate hearing this stuff. This is exactly what happened to an AGN member here back in like 2021. Two near new impacts, that never made it to his house. It was found out later on it was a temp hired on by the carrier during covid. The temp purposely didn’t scanned the items being delivered on certain days out back outside of the warehouse, away from surveillance cameras. Then she would take certain packages home for herself after her route was finished, and two of them happened to be those impacts.

So, when my buddy took his claim form in(which she left on his front door), it showed the impacts as scanned and delivered. I’m store Video footage showed nothing.

Reactions: heavy-impact
How do you not notice a weight difference when the package was signed for? The rifle is over 10lbs?
Extraction and retaped...sounds more like local hub problem than down the line

This is crazy, cause I thought the same thing had occurred to me about two weeks ago, while I was waiting on my epic two. I had received the delivered notification from ups and was so excited I ran to the door. The notification had arrived late to my phone so by time I got to the front door, package was gone and I had a missed you notice from ups,I immediately called brain at Edgun west to see if he could give better insight. Brian pretty much informed me that the package was mark delivered and it might come late. I was very unsure on the idea of package still being out for delivery, but I waited until I had to go to work for a few hours. I arrived home that evening and package inside my home at front door, I was so surprised/excited and confused all in the same instant. I immediately went to question my wife, she already knew my thoughts and told me that my oh so great neighbor received the package for me, while he saw that I didn’t answer door when delivery driver knocked. So he claimed it and went to work himself,so first thing when he got home was bring it downstairs. Long story short, some times we fear the worst and it might not be that bad.shoot safe everyone

I have to ask, when you guys ship your air guns is the outer box plain brown or marked "Skout Airguns"..?

Not that it really matters because i assume you have Skout Airguns on the shipping label as the sender ?

This leads to basically a Neon sign saying please steal me in either scenario...

Unfortunately, in today's world the scumbag, piece of :poop: thieves are so prevalent. that this has almost become the norm instead of the rare...

I can tell you with 100% certainty. you are playing roulette unless you do at the following 2 things.
I have had a "dead loss" of over $9,000.00 (raw cost) over the last 3 years from the exact scenario you are going through ...
My wife and I own our own business and we made the adjustments of
1) Plain Brown Box
2) Changed the shipping name on the label from the company name to our personal name
These 2 things damn near eliminated the problem over the last 6 months....

The truly sad part about this, besides the obvious, customer out of a gun, and Skout out a couple of them, Is the dumbass thief. that stole them probably has no clue what they stole.
They just see "gun" in a label or box and think :poop: I'll just help myself... and in the end the guns will more than likely end up in a pawn shop that paid 50.00-100.00 for them...

I hope you insured the shipments, I know even with insurance you have a Major uphill battle on your hands as UPS and FedEx both have more bull-:poop: loopholes thatnANY of the major insuarance companies.. go ahead ask me how I know..

I wish all parties the best of luck and to the thieves. you can All kiss my a$$..

Reactions: frankie
I have to ask, when you guys ship your air guns is the outer box plain brown or marked "Skout Airguns"..?

Not that it really matters because i assume you have Skout Airguns on the shipping label as the sender ?

This leads to basically a Neon sign saying please steal me in either scenario...

Unfortunately, in today's world the scumbag, piece of :poop: thieves are so prevalent. that this has almost become the norm instead of the rare...

I can tell you with 100% certainty. you are playing roulette unless you do at the following 2 things.
I have had a "dead loss" of over $9,000.00 (raw cost) over the last 3 years from the exact scenario you are going through ...
My wife and I own our own business and we made the adjustments of
1) Plain Brown Box
2) Changed the shipping name on the label from the company name to our personal name
These 2 things damn near eliminated the problem over the last 6 months....

The truly sad part about this, besides the obvious, customer out of a gun, and Skout out a couple of them, Is the dumbass thief. that stole them probably has no clue what they stole.
They just see "gun" in a label or box and think :poop: I'll just help myself... and in the end the guns will more than likely end up in a pawn shop that paid 50.00-100.00 for them...

I hope you insured the shipments, I know even with insurance you have a Major uphill battle on your hands as UPS and FedEx both have more bull-:poop: loopholes thatnANY of the major insuarance companies.. go ahead ask me how I know..

I wish all parties the best of luck and to the thieves. you can All kiss my a$$..
You are correct. The label does have senders name on it and under the name (owner) it has GoG Paintball and our address. The picture below shows the brown box with Fragile tape around the center and fiber tape sealing the ends. All airguns go out this way.
~Darryl

IMG_8448.jpg

Reactions: beerthief