• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Airguns for shtf

Like I said, it was more than a year ago I saw that video of Keith, and the other one. There are other videos of him shooting hogs with air rifles as well, could be one of those he mentioned the weight.

I don't think it is ethical to do something on video just to show it can be done to get viewer count. I am hunting since the 1970's, in fact my first impala I shot in 1973. Since then I was taught the ethical code in hunting and bringing down animals and that is what I teach forward. I will not do anything else and don't expect others to do it. We get enough badmouth from the anti hunt community and should do things in a way that they cannot point fingers. Bragging rights on stupidity is not part of it.
I agree 100% and I wouldn’t ever post a video doing what they did but to each there own man it’s out of our reach and you asked for some videos so I sent them your way and the first pig Keith got I’d say was around 50 pounds the second one was probably about 20 pounds and he got the second one right after the first so I’m sure it didn’t take him multiple tries until he got one and the guy with a ego is a bit annoying to watch but he did take it with a .177 springer witch is pretty impressive all though I would have just used a pcp in a larger caliber for a pure ethical kill and the anti hunt community will still hate hunting no matter what and some of them say you shouldn’t hunt unless it’s a bow and arrow like our ancestors used some people you just can’t make happy man but good hunting to you and happy new year thanks for the discussion.

Reactions: Caliber 22
About a month ago I walked in the field with the pcp looking for spurfowl. I came upon a duiker ram, a small African antilope, about 30 meter from me. I know the pcp can take it with the right shot placement in the head. But the probability is always there that he moves his head at the moment I pull the trigger and wound him and he is off into the bush. I just watched him for a while and let him go. Besides, it is illegal in South Africa to hunt antilope with even a .22LR or smaller. Bigger game also has calibre limits, for a reason. Many people come with a .223 and think he will be allowed to hunt koedoe, a bigger antilope. (I mention it as some people might not know the animals.) That while he wants to take it at 250 meter or more. It can be done with 100% shot placement, but if he is off by just 1 inch he has a wounded animal on his hand. And it does happen.

The motto should always be, "The right gun for the job".

Reactions: Jayjay.22cal
And always hits what he aims it at despite not being fitted with a sight.
1000007796.jpg
Daryl could do this ALL DAY LONG. ALL DAY. :) I started not aiming at the same spot after this, bolts aren't cheap!