• Much like Google Reviews - members are allowed to create (1) unique thread for each vendor/manufacturer. You may "edit" your thread at any time to reflect any changes.

AirgunRoyal / Airgun.World feedback?

In case anyone else stumbles across this thread.....I did roll the dice and make a purchase from them. The company is mentioned on Kalibrgun's website, in a blog post. So it seems there is some connection/relationship between the two.

The good:
I received email responses to questions, usually within 1 or 2 business days. Order confirmation and tracking was provided through email. I received the parts I ordered. Everything arrived undamaged. It could have been packaged better, or worse.

My complaints (because I am hard-wired to complain about everything and/or find the negative):
Previous purchases from the EU, from other suppliers, VAT was not charged....which set my expectation. They did charge me VAT, claiming that VAT is always charged, unless items are sold to a company with a VAT number. My ignorant understanding is that VAT is applicable to EU residents/end users that purchase and use a product within the EU. I do not reside in the EU. I will never visit the EU, or use my "goods" in the EU. I guess one could argue that my purchase from the US is really an over the counter sale (that occurred in the EU)....so that makes VAT applicable? Whatever. Just pointing out that they did charge VAT.

During the checkout process, I was presented with 2 shipping options....Czech Post, or US FedEx HD service. I paid extra for US FedEx HD service but, the package was sent through Czech Post, and arrived via USPS.

I guess I'll order from them again, if necessary. My reason for not ordering in the US is: some of the parts I wanted are not available in the US (not through PAD anyway). But now I know to not pay for FedEx, and to ignore the VAT free prices.