• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

airgunner enthusiasts vs airgun forum enthusiasts

i am a airgun enthusiast, i dont come here to show off my vocabulary and writing skills. I have a passion for airgunning, i love the pursuit for ultimate accuracy, this is my hobby. Nobody and I mean NOBODY has any understanding about my passion, so I come here to show off my stuff, and read about whats new. I can’t help but notice these guys with crazy numbers of posts who sit behind a keyboard as their hobby.
CraigWisco, I understand and agree with you but you will get flamed. If you thing it's bad here try a powder burner board. I was called out on here for stating a fact which remains a fact. I have been running a once smonth springer 20 meter indoor match here in Blair Co Pa for close to a year. I started it because there were no matches and saw a fair amount of folks asking about them. I have had close 20 inquiries about the match from off this board, most who said we will come shoot or come watch a match and see what it's about. Still a perfect record....not 1 of those has ever showed up. We have had as many as13 shooters, not one off this forum. Just those myself and another guy have recruited. Lots of talkers/ typers., I know where your coming from. I like the forum, lots of knowledge on here but evidently few competitors, at least with spring guns.No one wants to get out from in front of the TV/computer, leave their comfort zone, and learn to enjoy a new skill I guess.

For those that think Craig is full of crap, you can rest assured he is an accuracy nut and has the guns. This is an old group photo. More has been added.

IMG_0561.jpg

Reactions: dv8eod
CraigWisco, I understand and agree with you but you will get flamed. If you thing it's bad here try a powder burner board. I was called out on here for stating a fact which remains a fact. I have been running a once smonth springer 20 meter indoor match here in Blair Co Pa for close to a year. I started it because there were no matches and saw a fair amount of folks asking about them. I have had close 20 inquiries about the match from off this board, most who said we will come shoot or come watch a match and see what it's about. Still a perfect record....not 1 of those has ever showed up. We have had as many as13 shooters, not one off this forum. Just those myself and another guy have recruited. Lots of talkers/ typers., I know where your coming from. I like the forum, lots of knowledge on here but evidently few competitors, at least with spring guns.No one wants to get out from in front of the TV/computer, leave their comfort zone, and learn to enjoy a new skill I guess.
Its not limited to just airguns. I was part of a group doing training etc monthly get togethers. Even if it was in their own town.

However the way the op put it came across rather rude, condescending, presumptuous and a bit assuming he knew others passion.

I have never once felt compelled to lay out all my guns for a look what I have photo. Not sure what that means when someone feels they must do this and show people. Are they seeking some kind of validation? Is it for insurance reasons then they just decided to post it? Is it the reason for their divorce? Either way I find it peculiar.

I think what’s occurred are people who cannot distinguish banter from flaming. Then dog piling commenced. It was fun for a while with the memes and all, but it’s kinda gotten out of hand. Some nerves were obviously struck here. Craig said what he said for whatever his reasons are. I believe that there is some truth to what he said. It seems
that there are folks on here who are into social media more than airguns as a
hobby and there is more of a mainstream social media feel to AGN since the site’s overhaul. But I like the fact that there are still enough people with experience around the forums to help many of us when we need it or to share in our enthusiasm when other cannot understand it. The camaraderie element is definitely here. There are some genuinely good folks on this forum.

I suspected that @CraigWisco was drunk when he started this thread and I poked at him in jest. I thought I was pretty clear in my posts. I’ve also communicated with him since my initial post. He didn’t seem concerned with my banter.

i would love to shoot with others , your place is 9.5 hours from me maybe i can coordinate an Air Gun show with your shoot sometime ?
Stan in KY

I think the nice thing about the forum life is this. I’m guessing I wouldn’t hang out with 90% of the guys on this forum. But that’s ok because the one thing we do have in common we get to share here. There will not be long awkward moments when we have nothing else to talk about or do because we have nothing else in common but Airguns. It’s a good thing and like everything, we can’t lose perspective but we also can’t be fake. Dude got drunk and said what was truly on his mind. I’m cool with that and that’s why I never responded initially. But like @Bigragu eluded to, every now and then we get an influx of people that no longer make a guy want to share and help or even contribute. The takers and chronic yappers kinda harden a guy. Then he bails. Then Craig gets his wish. We just shoot, build and tune but don’t help.

I shoot at home because I need to be at home as much as possible. Meeting up for competition or fun shoots just isn't in the cards for me in the foreseeable future. My airguns keep me sane and I enjoy talking with others that feel the same way. I don't think I'm alone in this situation. Keyboard warriors are my friends.

I believe the people that come here are all here for different reasons. There seem to be alot of us old geesers like me that have competed their whole lives because that's their personalities and have a hard time letting go(Michael Jordan comes to mind)when they get older and can't compete anymore but still like to be involved by maybe helping the newbie guys with pearls of wisdom. Newbies come here hoping to gain this wisdon without having to take years of trial and error when they can find an answer on here in minutes. I have particepated in nearly every sport you can in PBs and did pretty well in most but age and health caught up with me and I'm sure lots of others here and that's why we turned to airguns so we can still enjoy shooting even if more limited. Some also enjoy being around like minded people with a common interest.
Others are hereto learn about the newest and most advanced airguns out there for whatever reason. Then there are the guys that are still competeing and like to share ideas with other competitors. Everyone is here for their own reasons and who is to say their reason is more important. Bottom line is everyone is here to support AIRGUNS! So if you have a problem with someone on here just ignore them and enjoy the forum for what you want out of it. That's the problem with this world today everyone wants to force their own beliefs on everyone else. We should close this thread, it is becoming too personal.

I shoot at home because I need to be at home as much as possible. Meeting up for competition or fun shoots just isn't in the cards for me in the foreseeable future. My airguns keep me sane and I enjoy talking with others that feel the same way. I don't think I'm alone in this situation. Keyboard warriors are my friends.
I shoot alone 🎵🎶🎶🎶🎵 cause I prefer to be by myself.🎵🎶🎶🎶🎵

(George Thorogood song mimick)

P.s..
( The 🎵🎵🎶🎵 is me playing air guitar 🥴)

does your car speed up when this song is on ? mine does . hahahaha
When I was younger it probably did. However, these days... well the best way I can explain is to tell you that my car is 2009 Honda Fit Sport.

And I filled the tank with ethanol free gas nearly 2 years ago (yeah, I paid the most per gallon I ever have for that tank full) and I still have over a half of a tank of gas. The most I have ever put into that tank was about 13 gallons.

There is a "neighborhood walmart" exactly a quarter mile from my house, so I walk there with a small day pack instead of driving most of the time.

I try to save my money for airguns and airgun accessories. (smile)

So... old age, health problems and the fear of being burglarized again (they cleaned me out in less than 2 hours) keep me home most of the time.

All my best!

Kerry

p.s.

When I do drive, I practice what I call my big 3 for getting the best MPG.

No drag racing starts. Go easy on the pedal. ANTICIPATE STOPS! Don't accelerate to a stop sign, etc.

Ease up to the desired MPH and get into highest gear ASAP.

When possible, only drive 50-55mph on the highway.

This increased my MPG by as much as 67% when I had a 1991 Nissan Pathfinder. Went from 12-14 mpg to 25 mpg.

With the Honda Fit (EPA rated 33 Hwy/27 City), I have gotten as much as 50 mpg using these rules, but that was only once and since I rarely drive on the Hwy anymore, that average is much lower.

Last edited:
Reactions: beerthief
And whys that a problem.

I am an airgun enthusiast. But when I can't shoot (due to work, kids, life, etc) this a great place to come and chat, learn new things, check out what others are doing.

God forbid you get hit by a bus and can't get out and try and find some soluce somewhere like this.

Honestly no idea why you've posted this other than to be a di*k.

Reactions: MysticalDragon
I’m new to air guns and was wondering if there are groups in my area (West Palm Beach, FL) that get together to shoot? If anyone can steer me in the right direction I’d be grateful.

I replied when you posted the same question on another thread.

Call Palm Beach Airguns and ask about meets and events. Hope this helps you get connected.

I replied when you posted the same question on another thread.

Call Palm Beach Airguns and ask about meets and events. Hope this helps you get connected.

@MAUMAU Could be impatient or prioritizing his/her post count.

Reactions: MAUMAU
Lol, sort of a funny side bar. I love to compete, see how I stack up against others, and the scars to show for it. The friend who got me started with Springers has been a competitor on the court with and against me for years. He is tough. He will not come shoot in our airguns matches. So we are all different. But how do you know if your doing good without matching up against others? I find the best way to improve is getting my but kicked and seeing what others do. Now I can learn. In the shooting sports I have found most willing to help if they see you putting forth effort.So my friend continues to shoot, very well, by himself and it works for him. So, I suppose it should work for me.

Reactions: MysticalDragon