Airgun YouTubers buying Subscribers?

Thought I would just throw this topic out, was hoping someone could shed some light on it. I spend a good amount of time on YouTube and am subscribed to many different channels, have noticed a few channels pop up that magically have huge subscriber list. This is very suspicious considering some of the videos are of very poor quality and content. Is this actually a thing?? Do people really buy subscribers to appear to be more reputable reviewers? Thought someone may be able to make a list of these channels or prove this is happening...Not really fair for those of us who work so hard to do it the natural way. Am I wrong for feeling this way?

My friend I know for a FACT some guys buy subscribers. I'm not sure of the motivation behind it honestly. I can remember the day I got 250 subscribers. I called my wife and was SO EXCITED !!! . I know from watching videos on the subject buying subscribers , or views , or likes , do Nothing but make your videos rank worse in search on YouTube. 

For me , I put a lotta time in my videos ( as I know you do ) . I hope one day my videos are as high quality as yours and Steve S. But I'll just grow organically , or my channel will start getting smaller .....Either way I am having a lotta fun making videos . 

It’s a shame that someone can just buy subscribers or views to boost their channel. It’s cheating and makes you no better than vermin. I’m curious though, do you know if these supposed bought subscribers are real subscribers or fake subs? I know in India they have setup “boiler room” operations where they’ll have thousands of real phones each one having its own social media account posing as real subs on YouTube. They even leave comments. Hopefully YouTube’s can catch it and ban them

Those sponsors will soon realize that the YouTubers who are buying subscribers aren’t translating to increased sales because a subscriber that is bought does not genuinely care about the scope review you are doing and will most likely not be buying a scope from the sponsor. And if your growth on YT is organic, composed of people who genuinely want to see the scope review, then that will translate into higher sales for that sponsor. What’s in the dark, shall eventually come to the light

IF this is true, how does a person buy subscribers? Is that cheating? What is the benefit in the real world? It must have a real world benefit for people to do it. If it’s just to brag about numbers, who cares? Can a person make a living off of YouTube? It seems there are a few out there that are. My guess is that it would be mostly for fun than a paycheck. At least it’s that way for myself.

I have a channel. I put out very little content that’s just mediocre. I’m not in it for any other reason other than my own personal entertainment and to share what I may have been doing at the time. One of my videos went crazy with 16 Million views. I don’t know how or why but it did. I don’t monetize my videos and I have copyrighted material (music) in some of them. I’m a nobody and I have 33,000 subscribers. I haven’t even uploaded a video in over a year.

Well, I just Googled this, and whether it makes sense or not, it's a thing for sure. I found plenty of sites selling subs out there. Still not sure if it makes sense to the Gun industry, but I can easily be wrong. 

Either way, as said before, I don't think it will really help them. Producing quality content and having true faithful viewers will outlast any short term benefit of cheating.

Dana, just keep on doing what you are doing. I like your videos and your blog/website. I hope that you don’t feel shorted in what you are doing because others are manipulating the system to their advantage for whatever their reasons. The content that you are putting out takes A LOT of time, I can tell. You have to have all of the outdoor gear, camera gear, computer hardware/software and then take the time to travel, hunt, video then come home and put it all together. That is a HUGE effort for very little return. Hopefully your satisfaction comes in the process AND the final project.

These people that buy their subscribers, in my thinking, aren’t looking for fulfillment along the way, just looking for an end result (paycheck of some sort).