• Much like Google Reviews - members are allowed to create (1) unique thread for each vendor/manufacturer. You may "edit" your thread at any time to reflect any changes.

Airgun Vendors I Hate

To many scammers! I pay the extra $3 and put signature confirmation on everything I sell. I do let the buyer know and if they decide they don't want signature confirmation I make sure they state in our messages that THEY are taking responsibility if the package gets lost or stolen.... 

I believe with USPS any package insured over $250 automatically adds the signature confirmation... USPS wants to cover their butts also

If the signature requirement is designed to discourage scammers, why was a $1000 music system, $800 computer and $500 phone delivered to me by major retailers without signature but I have to sign for a $140 airgun? Are airgunners more likely to be scammers than music lovers or computer users?

Bigtinboat claims the USPS requires signature on insured parcels over $500. I have shipped parcels insured for $700 without need for signature. The USPS website says:

"Mail Insured for more than $500

The recipient may be required to show an acceptable primary ID before USPS will deliver the mailpiece."

Note the word "may" is used not "must" or "shall," I have carefully reviewed the USPS online regulations and have found no statement that all parcels valued over any specific amount requires signature. If anyone can find it, please direct me to it.

The "may" is for ID, not signature. I sent you this when you requested it via PM, but you replied that it's not correct so I'm guessing you still know it all. For others questioning the $500 Insurance for USPS the link is below - Take note of the BOLD section.

https://pe.usps.com/text/qsg300/Q503.htm

503.4.0)

PS Form 3813 for items insured for $500 or less, or use PS Form 3813-P for items insured for more than $500.

And I did a little test. I went into my USPS account and checked shipping on a Medium Flat Rate box with valve of $500. Below is the screen shot of my options when insurance box is checked. I am able to select "None" for signature.

1592169526_9687390715ee69436916038.30472640.jpg

Then I changed the value of package to $501 and then I get the below options. Notice that the "None" box is no linger available for me to select? It now says "Signature Required". This is because USPS REQUIRES Signature on Insured packages over $500..........and since they REQUIRE it, they can't charge you for it as an "Optional Service", so it's Free.

1592169638_13598643505ee694a69edb12.85752964.jpg

Also found it in Sending/Receiving mail. But OP will probably not believe this either

https://pe.usps.com/text/dmm100/sending-receiving.htm

Scroll down to where it says:

Signing for Mail

Some pieces of mail require a signature from the recipient at the time of delivery. This includes items sent with Priority Mail Express (if requested), Certified Mail, Collect on Delivery, Insured Mail (over $500), Registered Mail, Return Receipt, Signature Confirmation, and Adult Signature.

I don't like signing for things either...I'm usually at work when they come and so are my family members. That being said the last 3 things I've had delivered to me were $1200-2000 and only 1 required a signature from sender to which I requested to waive. I have a full size van and I leave the side barn door unlocked, and ask the shipping company to place my package inside and lock the door themselves upon delivery. They have obliged me each time.

What you don't understand is vendors are held hostage by payment processors. They dictate rules for us when you sell guns (makes no difference to them if it is a BB gun firearm) I have signed a user agreement with payment processors that I will require "Adult signature" for airguns. There are very few payment processors that will allow online sales of guns period. So, one option always is to send in a check, PO, or MO and then you can have it your way, want the convenience of punching in some numbers and getting a bill in 30 days, well then we will all have to follow house rules.

I’ve worked for two banks in the back office/legal side with credit card processing...the vendor is always, always the most vulnerable, and the consumer is second, and the bank least. I’ve seen enough to feel bad for smaller airgun companies that have to deal with sinful men. Lying, cheating, and stealing are things each of us had a nature for, so with that knowledge we just need to be good consumers and neighbors and decide to make the morally right choice, even if nobody can see. I think a lot of the crime like @donnyfl mentioned is definitely do to the seemingly little chance of getting caught. Well, maybe you won’t get caught, and in a bureaucratic bank system it is easy to not care about the vender. Sometimes though you get someone like me, and I happen to figure out a few transactions and anomalies. And then I see about your fraud/missing package claims are oddly worded. Then I look up your police reports. Then I call the police on the behalf of the vender. And sometimes, just sometimes, that person went to jail. Even if you don’t, you will always have to think about it, and think about how your integrity/honor was sacrificed for a toy/little material product.

Sorry for the rant. Credit card processing and thieves make me angry.