Airgun Technology Vulcan 3

Introducing the new Vulcan 3

Long Version (700mm barrel length) in caliber .30

Will the Vulcan 3 .30 caliber ever be available with an industry standard .300" barrel groove diameter rather than it's current .306 groove diameter
shock21.1650760637.gif
that does not fit standard caliber slugs?

This gun was marketed as a "dedicated slug shooter" but only works well with pellets or expensive and specialty slugs that either have a cup base like a pellet that can seal the oversize bore or the specialty .306" diameter that fits your oversize barrels.

Why handicap the gun when you could have had a real star?

So I own a Vulcan 3 in .30 cal. I’m confused as to what type of barrel is built with this rifle. I love the CZ barrel. My second or top favorite barrel. But I was told the .30 Unchoked barrel was made by Alfa precision. This is from a person on a forum who said he was the service and parts center for the us. The gun is lights out amazing. The thing with AGT that I love is you don’t have to spend 2 extra thousand dollars to fling slugs or get accuracy or power (current tune has me shooting 54.5 grain slugs @ 955 fps for a whopping out of the box stock mind you, 110 fpe!!! Incredible. I also shoot 61.5s at current tune @ 925 fps for a total of almost 120 fpe!!!! All I did was max the hammer out and back it out half a turn maybe 3/4 turn and the thing is not only mind numbingly powerful it’s laser accurate with NSA and Zan slugs. This gun is the real deal. All the doubters relax. It’s not a half assed attempt to bridge a fictitious gap with fx. (From what I was told AGT is perfectly content staying small and concentrating on the European market.) I mean they make what 3 rifles? But. They are high quality rifles. There’s no cheap out like fx and other brands do like with the Dreamline series and even the maverick which is a great gun but it’s original name was the impact light… it’s just a cheaper impact. They cut some corners to make a gun that looks and acts like an impact but it’s not the same high quality. AGT on the other hand sells three rifles and a tranquilizer gun! That’s right I forgot about that… anyways they sell 3 rifles all of the same high quality is AGT owners have come to expect and receive. I just know this I’ve owned 3 Vulcans. All of them were rock solid built like tanks going in the woods chasing down game banging into this or that. Have not had even an o ring leak. O exaggeration. So AGT you nailed it .30 is what I shoot so thanks for making that your first to come of dedicated slug guns. It’s gorgeous and a straight tac driver. Most accurate slug gun I’ve seen of you know what you’re doing. Even if you don’t you have to TRY to miss with that rifle. Hats off. 
but what type of barrel am I running in my Vulcan 3 .30 cal 700 mm? I’ve gotten 2 different answers. If you could clarify I’d appreciate that. Thanks.

I get what you’re saying it’s labeled as a .300 you’re expecting the diameter to be .300. But this also applies to some of daystate’s rifles also their .30 cal is .303. That being said one of the most economical slug manufacturers NSA makes .30 cal slugs and they shoot lights out from the V3. Also Zan’s are also laser accurate. Which are a little pricey but not enough to be a deal breaker given their performance. From my experience no Vulcan I’ve had out of 3 was slug sensitive. They shot every slug I put through that CZ barrel the way it should. Fast and straight. But pellets? Picky. On the 2 it liked jsb 50s fx 50s jsb 44.75 and jsb hades 44.75. It did not like anything else. Including the fx 44.75s even though the 50s from fx were the best performing for some reason it would not group normally with those fx 44.75s. Didn’t try many others knew they’d suck. I haven’t and won’t run a Pellet down the barrel of my 3 so no idea on the pellet performance but my personal 2 slugs of choice already named were not weeded out by trying all sorts of products I simply through a 54.5 grain in the mag and sent it. Laser beam. 61.5 grain. Laser. These are all sized to .300. Also if you email or call nick at NSA. He will size slugs to your specs and as long as it’s close like that he usually does it for free. So just wanted to speak on the performance of the V3 and also try and help you get yours shooting the way it should be. What ammo did you try? What did it not like?

thanks Kyle 

I just reread your comments and I’m shocked that you’re so upset with its performance. Maybe we have 2 different rifles but my rifle takes dish base very well and cup also. Have not tried flat or boat tails yet. But I’m slinging NSA 54.5s @955 with pee ree cison. I’m hitting targets that are literally half an inch if that only at 30 but still. If you could see what I was shooting you’d see what I mean. I was out in a 12 mph 90 degree crosswind just messing around at 100 still doing sub Moa groups one with 7 shots all sub Moa. So I’m just confused to your disappointment with the performance and barrel diameter as I’ve had not one issue with 3 separate Vulcans. So I hope this helps again nsa makes .30 .308 all sorts of diameters and he will resize for you. It’s sold by the weight not quantity or caliber so it’s no difference to him. Hope you have found better luck with your Vulcan 3.

Reactions: jpgf and Bert928GT
I found also the 30 cal long v3 performs best with AVS .3063 slugs. Just having issues with reg creep. Will get back to shooting groups once I rectify the situation.
How did you find out about the regcreep?
I’ve got the V3 .25 700mm and was shooting at a very consistent 296m/s, but now seeing spreads of 4-5m/s, think it caused by the regulator?

Reactions: addison
My reg have performed just fine, so in no hurry to put a Huma one in the V3
Agreed, not a single problem with mine (V3, short version) either.
I just dug it out yesterday after about a two month sleep. Still had it's 200bar fill that I left it with. I put three magazines through it, and picket up another.
Another gun with a miniscule gauge in it. It may get an actual...readable gauge installed.
Shoots great, no complaints.

Mike

Reactions: JamesW1
I really wish that one gauge indicated the regulated pressure, bottle pressure i dont really care much for as i shoot connected to a 12 L bottle.
On my Maverick i have just replaced the small reg gauge with a proper Wika one, that was a very nice upgrade.

Shooting .177 i get a pooload of shots on a fill, but i dont walk and shoot just sit at a bench on my wrinkly old ass.

The V3 have apparently not lost a BAR and it have been at least 3 months since i last shot it.

Agreed, not a single problem with mine (V3, short version) either.
I just dug it out yesterday after about a two month sleep. Still had it's 200bar fill that I left it with. I put three magazines through it, and picket up another.
Another gun with a miniscule gauge in it. It may get an actual...readable gauge installed.
Shoots great, no complaints.

Mike

If you find a bigger gauge that fits, I'd appreciate a link.

The Vulcan 3 is drop dead gorgeous. Looks like it ought to be hanging on an art gallery wall ......

I will have to shoot the gun to tell if the #1 shot are faster, but it have been collecting dust for a long time now if you do not count the 10 or so shots i made when i put the new Huma moderator on it

Ill give it a go and report back, the rifle have been sitting idle for at least a week now since i got moderator.
Mind U the pressure are not all the way up there, i think the gauge read 180 BAR or so.

Well my grey gooe did not serve me well, the pressure in my rifle was higher.
IMG_20230131_164327.jpg

Numbers from chrono also not as good as i recall them from last session, but this could be due to i was shooting 13 gr pellets then, this is 13 gr slugs ( KO )
tal.jpg
graf.jpg

But at least no "HOT" first shot, that to me would indicate REG creep while stored.

PS: I will have to tweak a little CUZ the V3 can make a shot string flatter than that.

Will the Vulcan 3 .30 caliber ever be available with an industry standard .300" barrel groove diameter rather than it's current .306 groove diameterView attachment 184225 that does not fit standard caliber slugs?

This gun was marketed as a "dedicated slug shooter" but only works well with pellets or expensive and specialty slugs that either have a cup base like a pellet that can seal the oversize bore or the specialty .306" diameter that fits your oversize barrels.

Why handicap the gun when you could have had a real star?
Dude the magazine is so narrow just get over it and send the 61 flat or 62.5 cups. Good slugs are all expensive and most guns shoot certain brands better anyway. Be greatful for avs or we would be screwed bro. It doesn't handicap. Most rifles require a certain diameter specific slug for prime velocity. Plus mags are narrow crap if anything that's the handicap imo.

Dude the magazine is so narrow just get over it and send the 61 flat or 62.5 cups. Good slugs are all expensive and most guns shoot certain brands better anyway. Be greatful for avs or we would be screwed bro. It doesn't handicap. Most rifles require a certain diameter specific slug for prime velocity. Plus mags are narrow crap if anything that's the handicap imo.
Oh and they made 63 grain solids for me to try for free for hunting. Double lung punch every time on coyotes and javelina. I have accepted vulc3 for what it is. Do your research next time it's 1700 lol I knew it before purchase