Airgun Technology Uragan vs Vulcan 3

Ok, I have read nothing but good things about the Airgun Technology. Uragan. Then there is the Vulcan 3 that has been out for a short while people seem to like it. For the ones who have experienced both airguns which one would you get if you could only have one. I would shoot pellets and slugs. If you could tell me what you think and why. Im in the market for a new toy but can't make my mind up between the two. I do not have access to either gun and that makes this a tougher decision. Then my gut tells me will their be a Uragan 2 coming out this year?

Locksmith,

I've got the Uragan in .25 but having a struggle with accuracy, think it's something I'll solve. I'm waiting for Krale, in the Netherlands, which has been reported by member Blackpaw (has a Krale's salesperson friend,) to be expecting a large order to arrive in May from AGT. The Vulcan 3 Long .30, in synthetic, is going to be my dedicated slug shooter and I'll investigate Uragan 2, as well. I've no proof either gun will be in this order, just hoping, as the synthetic V3 was to be out in a few months. I'd recommend waiting till May, then decide. WM

Both great. Although both have potential for high power, the Vulcan 3, with the XL plenum option, has a more power potential. The 700mm barrel offered on the Vulcan 3 are great for slugs. The 20 MOA rail is nice on the Vulcan 3 as well. The Uragáns have that 700mm option coming and more than likely the rail too.

I do like the ergonomics of the Uragán a bit better. Both are very well made. 

Locksmith, 

I heard a lot of good things about AGT as well until I went to an airgun store to hold it in my hand physically. I held the Vulcan 2, Uragan, and Uragan King and not impressed with the build quality. Don't know anything about Vulcan 3 as they didn't have and won't be importing it due to high importing costs.

As for Vulcan 2, it feels cheap. The wood stock has some play and doesn't feel secure with the rest of gun.

The Uragan feels balanced when shouldered, but the plastic stock feels cheap. 

The Uragan King is front heavy due to having two bottles up front. It also have a plastic stock, feels cheap as well 

I don't know how it shoots for all but hard to justify the "feel" of the gun considering the cost. 

I also held a few first generation Kalibrgun and not impressed either.

Just because a company charges high end price doesn't mean it's a high end gun.

My 2 cents

Locksmith, 

I heard a lot of good things about AGT as well until I went to an airgun store to hold it in my hand physically. I held the Vulcan 2, Uragan, and Uragan King and not impressed with the build quality. Don't know anything about Vulcan 3 as they didn't have and won't be importing it due to high importing costs.

As for Vulcan 2, it feels cheap. The wood stock has some play and doesn't feel secure with the rest of gun.

The Uragan King is front heavy due to having two bottles up front. It also have a plastic stock, feels cheap as well 

I don't know how it shoots for all but hard to justify the "feel" of the gun considering the cost. 

My 2 cents

Well I’ve used, competed with and worked on many a PCP. AGT and Kalibrgun are both excellent builds. That’s my opinion. Satisfy your feels on something else as you see fit, obviously. 

Well I’ve used, competed with and worked on many a PCP. AGT and Kalibrgun are both excellent builds. That’s my opinion....

Gotta agree with that. I've never handled an AGT or Kalibrgun which looked or 'felt cheap'. To me the polymer stocks on the Vulcans and Uragans are some of the best in the business. And the design and construction really take a back seat to no one. 

But to the O.P., I'm currently in the Uragan camp. Stds in .22 and .25, and a compact in .22. The U compact is the only gun I have found which rivals my M3 compact as a ground squirrel gun up at the Cowboy range. But I've got a V3 .22/500 inbound from another AGN member, so my opinion is subject to change. ;)

Zx10wall,

At the same store, I held FX Impact M3 and Maverick both feels solid and feels like getting ones money's worth but from what I read about Eriest Rowe and YouTubers getting first dips on shooters FX barrels, I know I will be getting second rate barrels from FX if buying retail.

No gun is perfect, just need to know some reputable airgun Smith to make a new $1800 gun purchase to shoot as advertised. Shaking my head and rolling my eyes

I’ve seen plenty of $1500 - $3000 plus airguns shoot lights out from the box. I’ve also seen them perform subpar but no they are not all created equal. Daystate, FX, AGT, Kalibrgun, EDgun and others all make very good products. They’ve all produced lemons as well. 

Outside of build quality, one must know how or depend upon another to set a PCP up best for the intended purpose. 

Locksmith, 

My 2 cents

What guns do live up to your quality expectations? Interesting how holding the Impact vs Uragan you find them cheap compared. But hey your opinion.

I find them to be very good quality. Extremely accurate guns. I think there synthetic stocks are very very nice quality. 

Anyways I've owned both. I personally liked the Uragan better. Functionally similar but ergonomics the Uragan fit me better. No real ping compared to the V3. Accuracy and triggers same. 20moa on V3 is nice. Mags the same. Weight and size basically the same. I prefer synthetic over wood. But wood on V3s have been nice if your into that. Depends what you like exactly. 

Zx10wall,

At the same store, I held FX Impact M3 and Maverick both feels solid and feels like getting ones money's worth but from what I read about Eriest Rowe and YouTubers getting first dips on shooters FX barrels, I know I will be getting second rate barrels from FX if buying retail.

No gun is perfect, just need to know some reputable airgun Smith to make a new $1800 gun purchase to shoot as advertised. Shaking my head and rolling my eyes

Which one of all of these second rate guns shoots the best for you? Which shoots the worst? What other guns are you comparing them to in terms of durability, shot cycle and accuracy?

I have owned 3 Uragans, two 30 cal and 1 25 Cal. I like the 25 best as the configuration of the rifle seemed to be more harmonic with the caliber for the speed and accuracy. The .30 cal at 925 is about the sweet spot for power and hunting. I have always said there's nothing like shouldering a Uragan, very nice feel. I would try the V3 but, hesitant because I think I want to try the Wildcat BT first - Only reason honestly. AGT just doesn't make subpar guns... period.

What makes subpar typically is not matching the right ammo to the barrel or barre length or having an unrealistic expectation. I know if I am shooting a compact I am going to get about 830-840 FPS. If I want to do slugs I need a certain barrel and length for a certain speed for that particular slug. Lots of time to get it right unless you know a guy that has already done the work for you and you have him do it for you. This I recommend. AGT can shoot slugs, just an art form to get the tune right. 

To conclude, I say get the V3 in 700mm. Play with it and see what you like and don't like. Grab one new off here $1600, shipped. Once you're done paying with it, send it to DW and don't tell him to set the rifle up for a specific speed and pellet/slug, tell him to set it up for what you want to with the rifle and then have it tuned. You will be much happier. Give him info on your elevation and weather you typically shoot / live at and distance and size of game you normally shoot at. You will be happy.

I am so hoping they make a 700 mm barrel, i would buy that for my 500 mm gun in a heartbeat.

That is i think i would,,,,,, the 500 mm V3 i have nothing but praise for when it come down to the shooting part.

If the new Uragans dont have the flip able plenum, and you plan to shoot a larger caliber i would go for the Vulcan 3, but for a smaller caliber i think it is down to personal preference

I would like to thank everyone for their replies. Im still undecided. Might take worriedmans advice and wait a month or so to see what is coming out. These are some wonderful times in airguns. I like the way the uragan is set up. Just looks more comfortable to me.( but i have never held either one.) The vulcan 3 has some nice updated features. If there is a uragan 2 coming! Naturally I would feel disappointed to make a purchase today. When the maverick came out I was set on buying it. While waiting for it to get in stock the impact m3 came out so i got it instead. If i bought the maverick just a month before the impact i would have felt jaded like so many others. Im leaning towards the uragan.. Thanks agian.

I have a Uragan in .22 and a Vulcan 3 Long in .30 Cal.

The answer you want depend on the caliber and the use you will give to the rifle.

Among the 5 .30 Cal rifles I own, the Vulcan 3 is the very best one because os power and shot count.

I would not buy a Vulcan 3 Long in .22 Cal.

My Uragan in .22 Cal is a super rifle.

If it would be a .25 Cal, the choice would depend of the power I would want and on the shot count.

Vulcan 3 Long would be more powerful. But Uragan is very good too.

If it would be a .177 Cal I would look for a Daystate with electronic trigger.

Don't think one could go wrong with Uragan or Vulcan 3. I have a Uragan King in 22 and just picked up a Vulcan 3 500mm 30 cal. Haven't shot the Vulcan yet but both feel great In the hands. Hopefully my .30 NSA slugs come in by the weekend so I can try it out!!! I really do like the feel of the synthetic stock on the king over the wood on the Vulcan. Maybe that will change after spending some time with the Vulcan???