• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Airgun target system

1571679957_9147975705dadeed57fe130.24429372_received_499156717332526.jpeg
1571679957_4930932115dadeed5b462b6.70076919_received_2379738348813340.jpeg

Got my airgun target system. Built a target stand for it. Just need to wait for gf to leave so I can try it in the apartment.

1. I miss my Marlboro menthals….

2.I'm really interested in a longer term update on the 'ballistic' material. I've done both the rubber stall mat and conveyer belt thing on solid backers (steel) 5 groups to failure with my .177 / 12FPE and 1+ groups to failure with my 22's on the rubber stall mat. Triple that with the .177 and maybe double it with a 30fpe .22 on the conveyer belt material.

Let us know how it holds up!

A poster a couple days ago showed pics that made it seem (to me) that a couple of groups in the same place would chew the backer up, would love to proved wrong 😄. I like these.

I couldn't include all the information here so please visit our Facebook page , "Airgun target Systems" https://www.facebook.com/Shooter2258/  or call me at 203-598-2084

for sizes and pricing. My email is [email protected] We currently make 3 sizes. All info is on the FB page. Our webpage is being constructed.

Hi everyone, My name is Stephen Kenyon, I'm the designer of the "Airgun Target System" Ballistic Panel. The design is the result of months of research and a lot of money spent to finally come up with a system that stops and collects lead like we were wanting. The rubber is a 70 Durometer panel (that's extremely hard) with either 3 or 6 plys of ballistic fabric, depending on which panel is ordered.. It's NOT Kevlar it's a generic fabric with the same properties. We couldn't afford one of the brand name fabrics. Our rubber comes from China, we had to source an agent to have this made for us. We aren't trying to stop bullets from a firearm. We are airgunners who wanted to design something to collect lead safely and without mess. My wife got on me about the mess I was making in the backyard. I have a 25 yard range that I used everything for as a backstop, plywood made a huge mess and left lead everywhere not to mention wood splinters that the lawnmower threw everywhere. I tried rubber mulch but I found that in a few days the pellets would carve a channel through the mulch and break through the back of the container. All of the different sizes and thicknesses are based on a 1/2" thick rubber sheet with 3 plys of fabric. As the different sizes are produced, the rubber sheet is cemented together to make the desired thickness.The rubber panel is cemented to a piece of 3/8" MDF and then fastened with staples from a pneumatic staple gun along the edge. We then coat the whole panel with a plastic coating called LineX similar to Rhino Liner. This provides the weather resistance needed so the panel doesn't need to be brought inside every night. Obviously we want the panel to last a lifetime for our customers so we reccomend bringing the panel in if there will be a long time of no shooting. Or even better, making an enclosure to hang the panel in is the best solution. My partner, Mark Bookbinder, is a research scientist for a cancer drug maker and his background in engineering has helped to create a product that works as promised. We include in each package, pictured below, self adhesive cork strips to use as stand - offs to hold the plastic signboard 1/2" off of the rubber panel plus puspins to hold targets to the signboard. We also include 2 paper targets.. The signboard is there put the paper or Shoot N' See style targets on so as lead builds up on the panel there is room for the targets to lay flat without bumps from the little piles of 3-4 pellets that build up on the rubber. These little piles can be brushed off into a tray or container to save or use later for casting. Okay, I've beat you all up enough. I can say we haven't had any complaints. 

promised. We include in each package 
71876484_136995797664475_1350622448424321024_n.jpg

Hey JCD, these panels are made to withstand shot after shot in the same spot. What happens is the lead begins to build up on the previous shot and the pellets weld themselves to each other, so to speak. We will reccomend the right panel for your caliber and FPE of gun. If the pellets go through to the backing board we'll replace it. I keep shooting the same panel. It's be throiugh 1000's of shots with no failure. 

We aren't the kind of company to sell shoddy products. If we began to have failures we would shut down the company. SO far we have had NO complaints.

Anything I can do to answer questions send me a Messenger message or an email to stephen@airguntargetsystems or call me, I like talking on the phone to other shooters

203-598-2084