Airgun Survival Challenge-WILL THEY SURVIVE? Final

While I don't know if all the tests were relevant to what most of us are going to put an air rifle through short, or long term, it was a definitely interesting series to watch. Whole heartedly agree the reviews where someone pulls a rifle out of the box, basically reads the features list from the manufacturer, and proceeds to shoot bench rested through a half dozen rounds doesn't give much for valuable info. Keep at it! I subbed the channel to see what comes next. 

I had fun watching it all. I agree with the idea of less parts=less trouble. I’d like to see the EVOL vs Leshiy 2.

Due to the Leshiy 2 being semi-auto, it should have more moving parts and wouldn't be a fair comparison. Maybe compare the L2 between an SK19, Huben, AEA, and maybe a Steyr Auto. Those guns were all Dana's personal guns so maybe the manufacturers or dealers would be willing to donate one of their guns for testing. I enjoyed watching the series. Great vids!

I had fun watching it all. I agree with the idea of less parts=less trouble. I’d like to see the EVOL vs Leshiy 2.

Due to the Leshiy 2 being semi-auto, it should have more moving parts and wouldn't be a fair comparison. Maybe compare the L2 between an SK19, Huben, AEA, and maybe a Steyr Auto. Those guns were all Dana's personal guns so maybe the manufacturers or dealers would be willing to donate one of their guns for testing. I enjoyed watching the series. Great vids!

I highly doubt any manufacturer will give me guns to destroy. On top of that I don't think I would have it in me to produce another series like this one out of pocket. The time and money involved was more than I care to share. I really do believe that more durability needs to be shown in reviews of airguns and the products that surround them. I'm not talking about destroying them like I did, certainly some simple barrel flexing where we can see groups before and after. The industry has become cookie cutter with no standards as far a reviewing products. I'm unfortunately guilty of these poor standards myself and can only help to better it from my side of the street.

@crosman999 I can’t say I enjoyed watching this series, but I was captivated in anticipation of the outcome. It’s a good feeling when you believe that you’ve made a wise purchase. It’s an entirely different situation when you can see products that you own put through extremely rigorous testing and come through still functioning as they were designed to despite cosmetic, superficial, and minor damage. When I asked about dropping and dragging the guns in mud and dirt, I had no idea you would tie them to the back of your Jeep, let alone run them over. Somehow when I saw the rope come out I knew what was coming.

A review of this nature can really show a manufacturer potential strengths and weaknesses of their products. I would think that the companies would put their high-end airguns through rigorous testing before releasing them to consumers. You’ve definitely satisfied a lot of my curiosity concerning what these guns can handle. Thank you Dana.

Thanks for the encouragement but I can assure you this was certainly not any kind of review. This was a project I had planned to do over two years ago to satisfy my own curiosity. I don't think you will hear much anymore about how durable a rifle is because it got run over, fell off a table or got rain on it. Haha I actually toiled with the thought of throwing them in a fire after getting thrown off a cliff. I honestly expected to hike down that hill and find all three in pieces or bent beyond repair.

I highly doubt any manufacturer will give me guns to destroy. On top of that I don't think I would have it in me to produce another series like this one out of pocket. The time and money involved was more than I care to share. I really do believe that more durability needs to be shown in reviews of airguns and the products that surround them. I'm not talking about destroying them like I did, certainly some simple barrel flexing where we can see groups before and after. The industry has become cookie cutter with no standards as far a reviewing products. I'm unfortunately guilty of these poor standards myself and can only help to better it from my side of the street.

It's only wishful thinking on my part that manufacturers would donate their airguns for these types of torture test. Thank you for taking the time and effort in putting these series of videos together.

Dana, I found your series rigorous and thoughtful. I(as many) appreciate the efforts, time and financial outlay you put into this project to bring it to life. 

I don't think your really done yet though. I think the next part should be review after completed repairs. RESURRECTION! 

Maybe you could put together a raffle for the rifles to try and recover the costs? $20 ticket to possibly win a famous/celebrity airgun! 

Dana, I found your series rigorous and thoughtful. I(as many) appreciate the efforts, time and financial outlay you put into this project to bring it to life. 

I don't think your really done yet though. I think the next part should be review after completed repairs. RESURRECTION! 

Maybe you could put together a raffle for the rifles to try and recover the costs? $20 ticket to possibly win a famous/celebrity airgun!

Thanks, I eventually will repair them but like anything it just takes time. Each gun would have to be hydro tested in order for me to feel comfortable passing them on to anyone. 

Funny how, in Part 2, so much more pressure was put on the Dreamline and Brocock barrels than on the Evol. No surprise they broke :) The test doesn't make sense unless pressure were measured.

Rambler, can we look forward to your video where you are performing similar test, but then even better adressing your above complaint?

I applaud Dana for this creative and new way of testing. I do not doubt the practical applicability, knowing the relative fragility of pcp's.