Airgun Shooting Education Booth to be Present at Independence Day Celebration

Another AGG member, SteveO, and I will be hosting a booth to educate the general public on modern airguns, generate interest for the hobby, and interact with thousands of people at the Penngrove Celebration and Parade on July 2nd in Penngrove California.

We'll have PCP's, big bores, shooting chairs, air tanks, etc. and all with the purpose of generating good will via the airgun community. If any locals are planning to attend the Celebration or just want to stop in and say 'Hi', we look forward to seeing you.

Have a happy and safe holiday, and we hope to see you locals there and shake hands.

Another AGG member, SteveO, and I will be hosting a booth to educate the general public on modern airguns, generate interest for the hobby, and interact with thousands of people at the Penngrove Celebration and Parade on July 2nd in Penngrove California.

We'll have PCP's, big bores, shooting chairs, air tanks, etc. and all with the purpose of generating good will via the airgun community. If any locals are planning to attend the Celebration or just want to stop in and say 'Hi', we look forward to seeing you.

Have a happy and safe holiday, and we hope to see you locals there and shake hands.
please do not wear camo anything ! we had a booth that was raffling off a .22 Ruger most wearing camo , one in just a camo vest and jeans . DID not look good . and they had little response . This is Kentucky a gun carry zone everywhere .

Reactions: drpietrzak
For all of the haters and negative Nancy's...I've been doing this for a number of years (pre and post COVID) at the parade. First I was selling my custom-built shooting chairs and using my airgun arsenal as displays (not firearms)

While I DID sell some Born Wild chairs, most of the interest was based on the airguns. I even picked up new hunting permissions for pesting dairies, and hunting turkeys on local ranches.

It's just my opinion, but someone needs to carry the airgun flag and represent, especially here. As far as my dress code, I have camo shorts, a USA flag aloha shirt, and an airgun hat. I hope that passes muster. As far as guns go, I have a .50 Texan, .308 Texan (both customed out), a 909 Light Hunter, and an FX Impact. The public loves to see big bores, lol.

If I piss off one or two Karen's (or ctshooter, lol) out of 5000 people, so be it.

Max,

No, not a true carry case. I tried various things from totally custom (bulky and costly) to the very simple (canvas duffle) and by far a canvas duffle is the way to go. The chair is only 20 lbs. and by throwing the three main pieces (chair frame, post, and gun bracket) on your shoulder in a bag is the most efficient. Set up takes about 30 seconds. When I get home, I toss it on a shelf in the hobby room. In the bag I keep my 7/16" wrench in case I need to adjust tension on the pivoting turret (much different for front-heavy Texan vs. FX Impact), and some camo boas to enhance my concealment.

If you're interested, I have a couple on hand ready to ship. You can pm me if you want more info.

For all of the haters and negative Nancy's...I've been doing this for a number of years (pre and post COVID) at the parade. First I was selling my custom-built shooting chairs and using my airgun arsenal as displays (not firearms)

While I DID sell some Born Wild chairs, most of the interest was based on the airguns. I even picked up new hunting permissions for pesting dairies, and hunting turkeys on local ranches.

It's just my opinion, but someone needs to carry the airgun flag and represent, especially here. As far as my dress code, I have camo shorts, a USA flag aloha shirt, and an airgun hat. I hope that passes muster. As far as guns go, I have a .50 Texan, .308 Texan (both customed out), a 909 Light Hunter, and an FX Impact. The public loves to see big bores, lol.

If I piss off one or two Karen's (or ctshooter, lol) out of 5000 people, so be it.
MY sincere Thank You's for taking the time and effort to provide this effort . Taking time from your holiday to put on a program is something few people would do . Again Thank You
Stan in Kentucky .

To follow up, the booth was great success at the Independence Day Celebration. We engaged with the general public for hours and had varied and interesting conversations. It's interesting to note that this is an old-fashioned parade and BBQ, not an outdoors show, gun show, swap meet, etc. We answered many, many questions and received absolutely zero negativity. In fact, we were thanked many times for representing the airgun and shooting world in general. During the course of the day, we procured quite a list of names and emails from folks that were interested in knowing more the hobby of airguns and/or attending some events where they can observe or shoot.

Both Steve and I feel that grassroots contact and education is more effective than preaching to the choir on like-minded, online forums. Ironically, Steve and I represent the Airgun Guild which has been traditionally a small-ish 'Mom & Pop' forum compared to the relative giants of AGN and GTA but in the past years we've found that the general public knows little to nothing about airguns and that's where our focus and community outreach is currently at.

Some common questions:
"Are these airsoft?" Far too common. 'Airsoft' is a term that seemingly everyone knows, but they don't know or understand the difference between 'airgun and airsoft'.
"Can you shoot a deer with these?"
"Where can I can buy them?"
"Do I need a permit?" Many folks with legal issues that prevent them from having firearms were definitely interested.

Steve, myself and the Airgun Guild will continue to do local projects and events with the goal of promoting and educating. Both of us feel that it's important to use other tools besides the keyboard to further and enhance our hobby. We were even paid a visit by a local candidate running for congress yesterday and he was very interested and impressed.

Reactions: bf1956
In addition to the many other pics we took, this one was the most amusing. A very large gopher kept poking his head up in the middle of our display booth. There we sat with $15K worth of airguns, tanks, ammo, etc. watching a gopher mock us from 5' away. If that's not emasculating, I don't know what is.

Humility is an amazing thing.

gopher.jpg