Airgun Shipping

I got two new P35s in June from Krale in the Netherlands. They were shipped via UPS. They stalled out in Ky supposedly at customs. UPS said the shipping invoice was not with the shipment. When they arrived it was in a clear envelope fastened to the outside of the box. I worked with Krale to get them a shipping invoice via email. Maybe UPS and customs just missed it or possibly they were messing around? Once they got the shipping invoice via email the rifles moved quickly to me. But it was a pretty big hassle. I spent about an hour on the phone to get a person at UPS to actually tell me what the problem was. Then I had to call Krale in the Netherlands to get them to send the shipping invoice (which they asked Krale for immediately). Seems mostly like poor communications plus somebody not looking very hard.

UPS stores are privately owned - at least some of them are. I wonder if some of the issues are not related to the local manager or owner of the store.

Just wanted to see if anyone else has developed shipping problems. I used to have no problems shipping but now UPS says they will open and inspect the package at their hub if I tell them it is an airgun. The local UPS store says the rules have changed and now you have to tell them what is in the box. FedEx will not tell me if I can ship an airgun. USPS did not know if they can ship an airgun or not but they did take my package as a ground shipment due to the compressed air. I hesitate to lie about what I am shipping.
Ask them to see this LAW/rule and get printed copy. Consult a attorney (free consultation) for you own peace of mind (sue if you can). This is still America and privacy is real. People are giving up their rights and liberties way way to easily and that is why this country is in the shape it's in. People will tell you anything and if you're naive enough to believe them that hurts all of us when we just give in.

I ship a lot of airguns through USPS and Fed-Ex. I will address the 2 shipping services separately. I print and ship the labels from home and have them picked up the same way:

1. USPS: Over the past year or so USPS has picked up their efforts in stopping illegal firearms trafficking which includes a lot of x-raying of packages. If an item I ship is flagged there may be a number of things that happen. 1. I get a call from the postmaster asking what it is. 2. The item is simply disposed of and tracking stops halfway through. 3. There is an unexpected delay in arrival. The most common is #2

2. Fed-Ex: I ship air rifles through Fed-ex....... locally they will not receive any package or box that indicates what the contents are with regards to firearms. They re applying the same standards on airguns to that of a real firearm.

What's going on here is that the Fed's are doing everything they can to stop the illegal transfer of firearms by circumventing an FFL

HK
Your saying that on occasions, The USPS just destroys your package? Sounds illegal to me.

Smitty

Ask them to see this LAW/rule and get printed copy. Consult a attorney (free consultation) for you own peace of mind (sue if you can). This is still America and privacy is real. People are giving up their rights and liberties way way to easily and that is why this country is in the shape it's in. People will tell you anything and if you're naive enough to believe them that hurts all of us when we just give in.
I believe that a private company can set their own rules, obviously only up to a certain point. Just like at with the airlines, if you don't want to through a metal detector, you can go elsewhere.