Airgun safety - Consumers Should Demand Better

I disagree with your basic premise simply because at this time the air gun safeties in general may not be reliable, as you have experienced. Don't rely on something that isn't reliable. Wanting it to be different is fine, and maybe someday it will be. Right now it isn't. Deal with what is, not what should be.

Deal with what it is and not what it should be? We have no choice but to deal with how it is....and right now it’s not good enough....that’s the point. How will it ever change?

Yes, we can 'what if" this scenario all day long. The 1 in million chance as described above is not the standard that I want built into my gun. For the absolutely paranoid person, the safest way to handle and gun be it powder or air, is to trade it in for a set of golf clubs. The you won't have to worry about it at all.

I do not want a nanny making my guns child OR idiot proof. I may never get to shoot again 🙄.

I feel the topic is being painted with a very wide brush. Why don't you shoot the gun that fits your level of concern and leave the rest of the industry alone? I do not believe in big Government.

You do you, and I will do me.

Time and again...over and over. User error? I’ve been shooting for 40 years, I safety check every one of my firearms before I use them. Just the way I was taught...I trust nothing. First time I pick up a PCP, safety check it and the safety fails. The interesting thing with the failure mode is while the safety is on you can pull the trigger and hold it and it doesn’t go off, the second you start to release pressure....poof. From my research and looking at other people’s experiences (there are several), The hypothesis is to do with the mechanism as it was designed. My whole point for this entire topic was just to get manufactures to think about better design...this doesn’t need to happen.

Please continue the dialog, it’s always good to hear everyone’s view points on something like this...my opinion has been well documented, but it’s just that, My opinion based off of My background and My expectations. But people can’t be afraid to speak up when something fundamental is problematic especially when fixing the problem doesn’t have to change anything for anyone...WIN/WIN. Thank you all for the responses, I’ll reserve further comments.