• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Airgun Rated Optic for Ruger Mark I break barrel spring piston 600fps pistol"

The Hawke brand should be more than enough.

https://www.opticsplanet.com/hawke-sport-optics-vantage-1x30-red-dot-sight-w-9-11mm-rail.html

I've had a coupla different red dot sights on springers. I really don't understand the concern that some people worry about whether they will or wont live on a springer gun, but will live on a 30-06..!? Yea...don't be at all concerned about the claimed different motion of the springer shot vs. other (powder fire) guns, as many seem to want to.

I even had a very cheap red (green actually) dot sight on a pistol springer for about 500 shots...nary a single problem. I tend to buy on the higher end side nowadays, even on my PCP guns.

Mike

Hi Mike, thanks so much for your insight and the link to the red dot. I have a couple of red dot scopes I don't use, one was not too expensive, I might just give it a try and see if it survives. I've been kicking around getting into PCP, how you liking the PCP experience? Just for kicks I'm going to buy a Crosman 2044 Co2 pistol and play with that for a while, can't go wrong at that price, if I don't like it I'll give it to my grandson, however, I figure it will end up being my gateway drug into the PCP addiction.