• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Airgun purchase VS my Credit Card Company

Pay Pal doesn't allow gun sales, what kind of guns are you referring to, if it is airguns you are 100% wrong, now firearms, well that is another story but this is airgun forum

many card companies see a purchase that is something you have never purchased with that card and red flag it for your protection and annoyance

and with out of country purchases like Krale that is fairly common but some cards don't seem to care, so different cards have different policies

does that make the card company bad, no, but it can be frustrating, been there done that

Reactions: ArmedLeftist
  1. You know I doubt very much if “ they” or the computer knew it was gun related. It was just an unusual charge. I’d rather have them interrupt the transaction if there is any doubt it’s legit 
  2. coincidentally I ordered a scope from SWFA and they charged my card three times .
  3. my guess their sale had them hoppin and mistakes were made . If it cost three times as much it’s not much of a sale 😀
    [/LIST=1]

Credit cards have lots of advantages. Lots of problems too. My account was charged fraudulently at least three times last year. Each time it’s a close the card and issue another. PIA but it was always handled efficiently. I don’t know what you can do. 90% of my purchases or online and the local brick and mortar stores frequently have signs “ will not accept 100 dollar bills). You know it doesn’t take much to spend $100 

Yeah, the Chase Sapphire Preferred card I had did this twice in a row. This was the third strike for them so I cancelled the card.

I might have used my bank Visa a few times, no issues in the airgun/hunting realm, except for eBay purchases and international purchases.

AMEX - they did flag an airgun retailer once though and my card was frozen for a few hours, I asked them if the cause was due to the vendor being in the "hunting" industry, they said no - and that there was a spike in fraud with the particular company. This is my go to card, mainly for extended warranty coverage.

A couple years ago Visa almost had my card cut by a vendor. I was on a streak that day. I had picked up my new computer, then I picked up $2000 worth of alcohol for an event that night and at the stereo store my card was held until the salesman called in to Visa and I had to identify myself. It was a pain but I was grateful at the same time. At least the card is being watched.

I don't think it's due to buying guns. It's more about making huge purchase, or purchase that looks funny to the bank. They think someone may be using your card and that's why they block it. Most bank and credit card company do that to protect you. All you have to do it call your bank and tell them you are the one making the purchase. My bank block my card when I purchased made a $1300 purchase non my compressor. I had to call them and say it's me and they unblock it and I able to make the purchase.