Airgun owners vs firearm owners

Fortunate that I can shoot both here at my place without leaving the property. I probably do 70/30 airguns as far as shooting time. Mainly due to the cost/availability of ammo.

Basically for me... if it launches a projectile, it interests me. Firearms, ELR, blackpowder, pistols, tactical, traditional, springers, CO2 (though not as much), big bore airguns, PCP, slingshots, traditional archery, modern archery, historical archery, crossbows, throwing knives, and even a couple atlatls.

I love pistols, and shooting my model 1911 is the most fun for me, then my custom 10/22 I customize to shot 1/4" at 50 yds. Love to shoot my Anscultz at 100yds.....now the truth be told;I have to go to the shooting range or drive up in the hills to shoot PB...I can shoot my pellet guns in my backyard, and they are fun, accurate, and wonderful. If I had to choose it would be pellet guns.(y)

I luv both! PB gives me more enjoyment with the added recoil and bang. The negative, ammo is expensive and at times hard to find.

Shooting paper and plinking, pellet guns are the only option that makes sense. The positive, my skills are kept sharp and it's easy on the wallet.......Did I mention cheap and inexpensive?

I forgot to mention, for now airguns are not considered firearms but that is starting to change in some States?

Whats the split? Do most gun owners also own airguns or are people who own airguns just not interested in firearms?

*No judgement either way. I'm completely new to this community so I'm trying to get to know it better.

I think you have it backwards. No most gun owners do not own air guns. I would bet most air gunners own at least one firearm though.
I was a life long firearm enthusiast before I was introduced to PCP air guns. Instantly fell in love and spent way too much money on PCP’s
I still shoot both but it is about 85% air guns and 15% powder burners. The air guns are so much more convenient to just go out and shoot. I also like to tinker with them. As long as you don’t get all carried away you can do a lot of stuff yourself on an air gun.

Judge away. We all do it, some of us just don’t mind admitting it😏

I have both, and according to my wife I have to many of each! Though I tell her she is nuts.. :D

I enjoy them both. The airguns fill a niche that powder doesn't. Easy as that.

Most powder burners look at the cost of an airgun, say a good rifle around the $2k range. That will buy you a hell of a powder gun and many are more familiar with powder.