Airgun owners vs firearm owners

I shoot firearms and airguns. All different types of guns have their advantages. The air guns are great because I can shoot all I want to right here in my back yard.
I shoot many different types of firearms. I love rifle and pistol shooting. I also shoot trap and skeet. My black powder guns are also a lot of fun. I do all my hunting with powder burners.

Being in a 'state' that ignores our God given RIGHTS, I'm saving ammo, I practice with airguns, it's actually made me a better shooter, BUT last time I took a handgun for practice I had to 'ok dummy' it. been a while. Here you have be careful what you take out in public, luckily the range officials at the county range really don't care unless you do something stupid.

Reactions: silvershooter589
I've always loved shooting & the fine tooling of a well made gun. I got into airguns because I was sick & stupid in my younger years & am not allowed to own firearms. Thought I'd buy me an air powered "toy" to allow me some shooting fun. 1st shot of my 1st PCP & I was HOOKED! Thank God for legal loopholes. I love shooting more than ever & my rifles are ANYTHING BUT toys! Their accuracy tops ANY firearm I owned in the past (waaay in the past).

Last edited:
I luv both! PB gives me more enjoyment with the added recoil and bang. The negative, ammo is expensive and at times hard to find.

Shooting paper and plinking, pellet guns are the only option that makes sense. The positive, my skills are kept sharp and it's easy on the wallet.......Did I mention cheap and inexpensive?

I forgot to mention, for now airguns are not considered firearms but that is starting to change in some States?
I 'm concerned more each day w/ the political structure viewing some of the videos that come out . Big bore airguns ( likely the semi & full auto guns ) would probably be of more concern to some "Chicken Littles " ). I personally don't see the need to temp those powers that be w/ explosive or high destructive videos of PB's or airguns . I have both pb & air & enjoy both ,but air gives me less notice from the close by folks. And if I'm spotted & I can show the pcp's sound level & range ,it does put some ?!? people at ease .

Whats the split? Do most gun owners also own airguns or are people who own airguns just not interested in firearms?

*No judgement either way. I'm completely new to this community so I'm trying to get to know it better.
Both probably is most common (overwhelmingly, I'd guess). I can't get out to hunt anymore, and we live in the city now as well (unfortunately), so airguns allow me to continue enjoying the satisfying pleasure that comes with good shooting even inside my home.

They all have their place. From the bb guns with loopy trajectory and poor accuracy to the long range, high velocity powder burners. And everything inbetween. Biggest attraction for me with AGs is the reduced power, the reduced cost... uh in ammo, haha 😅 Reduced noise, ect. Dont need a hand cannon that shoots $1-3 per shot to have a good time. (y) But it's also nice to have those, too :cool:

Reactions: DesertSilver
If I were two make a call by my gun club it would 99+% PB’s. There’s one other member with an airgun and we have 400+ members. I was a weekly PB shooter till covid. Once the industry raped the community I decided to go airgun. Best part is I’m able to shoot any of my airguns in the basement everyday.
I still shoot PB’s but only for hunting. Shoot centerfire pistol periodically to keep skills up.

Last edited:
I moved out from Yugoslavia during war in early 90's and didn't had a firearms since. I had absolutely no interest so far.
But I was competing FITA and Field archery almost 20 years also had several target and sporting crossbows along many years.
I only have two air calibers right now in .25 and .22 and fully updated for BR. Shooting in a gun club only no plinking around a house.
Just very recently started working on my first pb, a 308 F-class project, I bought it in parts from an older fella who started but never finish it.