Airgun owners vs firearm owners

I have gone in a specific direction ;

for the first time in 2 decades I have no big bore Airguns and settle with just two .25s compared to the -/+ 15 I had rotating for years.

The PB I have shoot basically like Big bore airguns,......AR9s are about 400 FPE, Henry .357/.38 cal with .38 specials is about 300 FPE so yeah I don't have super powerful centerfires and they just work like if they where big bore airguns so all I need really is my two phenomenal .25s

I have gone in a specific direction ;

for the first time in 2 decades I have no big bore Airguns and settle with just two .25s compared to the -/+ 15 I had rotating for years.

The PB I have shoot basically like Big bore airguns,......AR9s are about 400 FPE, Henry .357/.38 cal with .38 specials is about 300 FPE so yeah I don't have super powerful centerfires and they just work like if they where big bore airguns so all I need really is my two phenomenal .25s
Don’t forget the best part- no leaks

Yeah ;) I don't really target shoot with PB, or Airguns for that matter ( I get my target shooting fix with my bows and arrows ) so the cost of ammo isn't a factor for me 9mm and .38 special is cheap anyway.
Yeah that works. Can’t shoot my bows much anymore my elbows are bad but it was fun. Just strictly air.

It goes in spurts or seasons. So nice living in the west with plenty of areas to shoot.

A friend came to visit so I brought my 6.5 Saum out since he hadn't shot it yet, dialed 6.8 mils, held off .7 mil for wind, and cold bore'd the 1143Y steel. No way around it, that's just cool! Then dialed that .7 mil of windage for said friend and he hit it aiming at dead center. The wind had changed but yet another friend hit it on the 3rd shot.

Last year I hit a 20" steel at 1978 yards two or three times out of four try's with the same rifle.

Fly season splatting is here so will bring out the airguns next week.

Oft times I use combo's of both airguns and firearms, whatever I feel like that day, which includes the pistols.

When im
At my airgun club shooting I can hear the powder burners shooting because it’s on the same property. Anyway , every time I hear a shot I think $3 $3 $8 $1$1$1 $15 ….not that airguns are cheap but the ammo is.
Like the saying goes, buy once cry once. Once you have the whole package it's cheaper to shoot than even a.22 rimfire. For me it's even cheaper. I cast my own pellets and slugs from recycled lead from my bullet trap. I'm off grid so I don't have a electric bill so all it costs is my time and I'm retarded er retired.😁

• Love
Reactions: PasadenaMike
Whats the split? Do most gun owners also own airguns or are people who own airguns just not interested in firearms?

*No judgement either way. I'm completely new to this community so I'm trying to get to know it better.
I started shooting by myself with BB guns and later a Benjamin Pump pellet rifle. I used to go quail hunting with my dad and shot his 16 gauge side by side. That led to me becoming a PB rifle looney, owning beautiful walnut and steel rifles mostly shooting most cartridges from .22 short to .416 Rigby, and everything in between. I just started with pellet rifles again within the past two years, becoming a PCP rifle looney in the process.

I have switched to air guns for three main reasons: firstly, there is no necessity to shoot over distances of 2-3 miles; secondly, the accuracy they offer; and thirdly, the cost-effectiveness, especially considering the number of companies that manufacture air gun pellets compared to bullet producers. I own 308 Texan and big 9, woodchucks, racoon and Coyote all at 70-180 yards.